What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Review ? Taylor Pneumatic Customer Service

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
I generally prefer not having to use a Customer Service Department, hoping that the quality of the products I buy will mean I don?t have any problems. But in this case, the problem was not created by the company, but rather a ?shop mishap?. Last year, we picked up a nice little Taylor Palm Drill from Brown Tools (a VAF special), and Louise just loves it ? smaller and lighter than the Sioux?s, it fits her hands well. It has seen constant use without a problem, until it encountered that old and predictable force known as ?gravity?. The details were lost in the inevitable cover-up, but the results were a bent trigger shaft ? bent badly enough that it wouldn?t move in the spool. Easy enough to disassemble though ? drive out a pin, and the ?offended? assembly was in my hand. A quick call to Brown tools suggested I call Brad at Taylor.

Since it was already after-hours in Florida (Taylor?s home state), I sent them an email at their web-site address. The next morning, I had a response back, asking me to give them a call so that they could ascertain exactly which version of the drill we had. I did this, got hold of Brad, described the part, and he said that a new one would be in the mail before lunch ? no charge!

Great customer service means doing the unexpected to help your customers. I am guessing that the postage cost more than the part ? nevertheless, Taylor picked up the tab for our error on a fairly inexpensive tool. I?ll certainly give them my business in the future ? I like companies that try harder!

Paul

Paul,,,,I have a Taylor palm drill also that I purchased new. My trigger is hard and does not offer a "tease" at all. Its either on full speed or off. Just wondering if this is how they are, or if maybe I need a new trigger valve or something? Its been that way since new and it is the only drill I have used since starting my kit. I can see that it would be advantageous at times to be able to tease the trigger and control RPM at the start, then WOT.:confused:

Paul,,,,I have a Taylor palm drill also that I purchased new. My trigger is hard and does not offer a "tease" at all. Its either on full speed or off. Just wondering if this is how they are, or if maybe I need a new trigger valve or something? Its been that way since new and it is the only drill I have used since starting my kit. I can see that it would be advantageous at times to be able to tease the trigger and control RPM at the start, then WOT.:confused:

The little one we have has a very nice teasing trigger - a really good drill that we got at a pretty reasonable price. I'd say the trigger is as good is on my Sioux....

Paul

Back