What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Planning VAF trip to British Virgin Islands, January 2011

David_Nelson

Well Known Member
do you think we could get a group down here next january????????? thinking of try to organize something. turbo:D this pic is the BATHS.

Turbo - that'd be awesome!! Unformtunately, my building status is at the 90% complete and 110+% to go stage. Some evenings it goes up to 115% and other evenings down to 105%. :)

I'm with David N ...

....feels like I'm at about the same point (115%to go) on my 9A. But I'll CRAWL AND SWIM to get back to BVI, especially if there's a gaggle of RVers there. :D

It's on the "Bucket List" Rosie!

Maybe Kathy and I can get it together next year. But for the expenses, it'd be instead of OSH.

this is my thought on having a VAF BASH IN THE BVI. i am looking at 2 weeks in january to be here at our villa. to maximize time here fly commercially ending up at beef island, tortola via san juan or st thomas USVI and taking a feery up to virgin gorda. anyone ending up at beef is will be picked up by us in our 31 pursuit.accommodations will be your responsibility. we have plenty of welcome magazines that we can send you for searching rates and places. im sure paul rosales will chime in, he rented the villa(Southern Gables) next to ours and had a great time. it sleeps 6. you will need a rental car and lots of suntan lotion. those wanting to cruise the BVI in our boat each day are welcome. thats it for now. lets see what people think. if you want to fly your RV that would mean you get one free PAIN KILLER PER DAY!!!!!!!!! also DR if you make it you get free PAIN KILLERS all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any big questions email me with your # and i will call back to solve your problems. there may be a few on a tight budget and i may able to help. last pic is lunch at cooper island beach club. turbo
img0406ms.jpg

img0406oh.jpg

img0431g.jpg

img0407t.jpg

3,650 hobbs hrs since jan 2000. new thunderbolt , roller lifters, flowed intakes,installed oct 07
www.eaachapter692.org/ link to 5,000 mile heli trip gallery.mac.com/edarcy#galleryhttp://www.me.com/gallery/#home EAA chapter 692 AOPA FAC FABA QB# 36006 VAF#840 SPA #24440

Last edited:
Ed,

I would love to come and join you next January. Maybe I could teach you guys to play cricket and drive on the left side of the road.

Last edited:
I'll be in the neighborhood

Ed,

I'll be on St. John March 2-12 next year. It is an annual event as my best friend moved there 12 years ago. We visited VG a few years ago. The Baths are not my wife's idea of a good time:). Other than that we had a good time. Our favorite spot in the BVI is White Bay on Jost Van Dyke. This is the HOME of the PainKiller. We go to the Soggy Dollar Bar there. No Dock, you have to swim to the beach! Hence the name 'Soggy Dollar'.

VAF BASH IN THE BVI

Ed,
Count me in. After the tripto Alaska this summer, I'll be ready for more Winter Sun!

this is my thought on having a VAF BASH IN THE BVI. i am looking at 2 weeks in january to be here at our villa. to maximize time here fly commercially ending up at beef island, tortola via san juan or st thomas USVI and taking a feery up to virgin gorda. anyone ending up at beef is will be picked up by us in our 31 pursuit.accommodations will be your responsibility. we have plenty of welcome magazines that we can send you for searching rates and places. im sure paul rosales will chime in, he rented the villa(Southern Gables) next to ours and had a great time. it sleeps 6. you will need a rental car and lots of suntan lotion. those wanting to cruise the BVI in our boat each day are welcome. thats it for now. lets see what people think. if you want to fly your RV that would mean you get one free PAIN KILLER PER DAY!!!!!!!!! also DR if you make it you get free PAIN KILLERS all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any big questions email me with your # and i will call back to solve your problems. there may be a few on a tight budget and i may able to help. last pic is lunch at cooper island beach club. turbo __________________
Ed DArcy 'Turbo'
RV6-A N-26ED / R-44 N7511G 600 hrs
Stuart, Fl SUA / S WINDSOR,Ct 7B6/ Virgin Gorda, BVI TUPW
3,650 hobbs hrs since jan 2000. new thunderbolt , roller lifters, flowed intakes,installed oct 07
www.eaachapter692.org/ link to 5,000 mile heli trip gallery.mac.com/edarcy#galleryhttp://www.me.com/gallery/#home EAA chapter 692 AOPA FAC FABA QB# 36006 VAF#840 SPA #24440

Ed,

I'll be on St. John March 2-12 next year. It is an annual event as my best friend moved there 12 years ago. We visited VG a few years ago. The Baths are not my wife's idea of a good time:). Other than that we had a good time. Our favorite spot in the BVI is White Bay on Jost Van Dyke. This is the HOME of the PainKiller. We go to the Soggy Dollar Bar there. No Dock, you have to swim to the beach! Hence the name 'Soggy Dollar'.

BVI...a wonderful oddity

Aside from the incredible scenery and blue seas, here's a couple of things that made me chuckle:

- Yes, they drive on the left side of the road, but they drive in "right side of the road" vehicles - ie your standard Chevy, Ford, Dodge, etc

- The horn is used for everything, "See ya later.", "Hi there.", "I'm coming around the bend.", etc, and so forth

afi.sized.jpg

- At the airport, short term parking is not to exceed 7 days.

apf.sized.jpg

- The US Dollar is the standard currency....

- However, you must purchase British stamps for any postcards

- Guard rails?! What guard rails?!

aij.sized.jpg

Turbo - We'd love to go back. Let me talk to the Wife and see if this may be doable.

BVI welcome magazine online

http://www.bviwelcome.com/index.html

all you need to know about the BVI. it is nice to see a small group forming here. hope to get together at snf with with people interested in this trip. :cool:

img0377y.jpg

watch out , this guy may find you and take your picture.

Last edited:
Back