What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EIS Fuel PX Sender

daberges

Hi guys

I am having brain failure.

I just want to make sure I have the Fuel sender hook up correct. I have not cut the wires yet. I don't have the install drawing for the sender (EIS4000-lyc)

The way I see it is that I earth one of the the two wire posts and then attatch the second to Aux 2 (3/4/5/6). This is derived that I am thinking that the sender is just a variable restisor and I adjust the Aux input to calibrate the PX.

That is where I get confused - The Aux inputs are max 4.5 Volts which suggests to me that a positive and not an earth is required. I have spare positive outputs from the EIS as I do not have a fuel flow meter function being used.

I can always hook up an ohm meter to check the gauge - and get 6 psi air to cause a change. But that can cause gauge failure due to rapid changes and spikes.

I tried emailing GRT but no answer as of yet.

I am sure this is not as hard as I am thinking.

Regards Duncan
RV9A - last 90 %

two wires

The sensor is powerd. There is a ground, a white and a red wire. One wire takes 4.x voltes FROM the EIS, the other returns a variable current to indicate fuel flow. Look again at the diagram of the connector as well as the separate sheet for the Fuel Flow option.
h

PX Sensor

Thanks for the info - but I have a stand alone Fuel PX sensor - I did not take the fuel flow option.

I just have the sensor with two posts on it.

Regards Duncan

EIS fuel pressure

Duncan,

I'm looking at the instructions and here's the summary below.

Step 1) are you going to use the 200 ohm resistor for 0-10psi or the 475 ohm resistor for 0-15psi or 0-28psi?

Step 2) Connect one terminal from the transducer going to ground(the transducer does not have "polarity" so you can pick either terminal).

Step 3) The other terminal is wired to a junction that has the following also attached: an auxillary input to the EIS and the resistor(from above).

Step 4) Now, connect the other end of the resistor to the 4.8V excitation output from the EIS.

**caution: connecting the excitation output directly to the transducer will damage it.

Step 5) Program in the "Aux SF" and "AuxOff" and "Aux +/- option" as follows:
The "Aux +/- option" is always "+".
0-10psi using 200 ohm resistor, AuxSF= 250 and AuxOff=47
0-15psi using 475 ohm resistor, AuxSF= 51 and AuxOff=3
0-28psi using 475 ohm resistor, AuxSF= 59 and AuxOff=5

Hope this helps.

Back