What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Securing the LSE crank sensor wire

leaker311

I am installing the LSE ignition system with crank sensor on my TMX IO-360 and I am quite unsure on how to adequately secure the sensor wire up front, close to the flywheel. I have read about ignition systems that stopped working correctly because of this wire getting cut up there so I want to secure it in the best possible way. I have roamed the archives for installation information but have not found anything regarding the wire only the sensor itself.
Any help would be very much appreciated!
"a picture is worth a thousand words" ;)

Here's how I did it

I did mine down the left side but you could also do them down the right side.

301zx8n.jpg
[/IMG]

160ykx1.jpg
[/IMG]

I may not win an award for the cosmetic's but it's held up well for 150 hours.

Last edited:
I don't have a picture of it online but I installed a couple of adel clamps under the baffling on the right side that took both wires (dual system) back from the ring gear and under the right inlet ramp on the baffling. From there I routed with the CHT and EGT sensor wires to the back with adel clamps on the rocker covers and rear corner of the baffling. I couldn't go left because the bottom coils are there and I couldn't go over the top because all the top ignition wiring is there. You want to keep you sensor wires as far from any power or high-tension wiring as you can. There has been some discussion of the wire Klaus used for the crank sensor but it seems to be holding up fine below the baffling for me.

Back