What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need parts list for HR II fuel tanks

AX-O

Well Known Member
I am in Lubbock, TX for about a week. So I don?t have access to anything other than a computer. I need to compose a list of parts required to build two HR II fuel tanks.

This is what I have so far:
Two HRW 406 Extension
Two HRT Tank Skin
Two HRT Tank Back
One 3/8 X 1/2 T6 bar
One IE CAPACITIVE PROBE A

I need to figure out the part number for the ribs and any other parts that I may need. Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide.

Caveats everywhere!

Hey AX-O:

I think there are 42 gal (21/side) tanks and 55 gal (27.5/side) tanks -- be sure which you are ordering. You will need extra of the std -4 tank ribs (left and right) to assemble these tanks, but the size will drive how many ribs you will need. The tank attach flange will also be different lengths depending on your tank size choice.

Carry on!
Mark

I am using the 42 Gal tank. I don't have the Rocket plans, so I don't know the number required. Don't want to pay $125 when I only need one page. I guess I am being cheap.

parts list

Go to my webpage and download the pdf list for an RV6.....then extrapolate. You will need to add ribs and remove the skins and rear baffles. Also get the vent line a bit longer to match your needs. I also suggest you have a good long look at the deluxe fuel caps....(much nicer than the standard ones) and order either the prefabricated screened pick up or flop tubes. You will also need a quart of proseal.
Cheers....link below
Evan Johnson

http://www.evansaviationproducts.com/RV-6 parts list.pdf

I am in Lubbock, TX for about a week. So I don?t have access to anything other than a computer. I need to compose a list of parts required to build two HR II fuel tanks.

This is what I have so far:
Two HRW 406 Extension
Two HRT Tank Skin
Two HRT Tank Back
One 3/8 X 1/2 T6 bar
One IE CAPACITIVE PROBE A

I need to figure out the part number for the ribs and any other parts that I may need. Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide.

AX-O,

The ribs are the same as the RV-4. I can check later this evening for exact part numbers if you want to order before you get home. You'll need 4 interior (0.025) tank ribs and 2 end ribs (0.032) for each tank (5 bays = 21 gallons). Order an equal number of left and right versions. I can check my HRII plans later tonight for rib spacing, or you're welcome to drop by to look at them after you return to CA. (I promise I won't mix up any proseal while you're there. :eek:)

Back