What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

good airport to fly into north of Atlanta?

MSFT-1

Well Known Member
I have friends in Alpharetta. I'm thinking of flying down to visit them this weekend. Can anyone tell me what the best airport is for GA use near Alpharetta? I do not want to pay high user/landing/tie-down fees.

thanks,

Probably Gwinnett County KLZU. I usually fly into PDK but they are expensive. I also like Cobb County KRYY.

McCollum airport is probably the best. Very friendly, and they even have self-serve fuel. KRYY
When I commute to work (my office is in Alpharetta) I use PDK. But they are very expensive, over $5.50 per gallon for 100ll.

Vic

Alpharetta is in the middle of a triangle formed by LZU, PDK, and Gainesville (GVL?). A small airport - Mathis - is maybe a little closer. It's a small one at 1800 feet, and I'm not sure about services (maybe fuel, but prob hard to find a rental car)

I'd probably fly to LZU if I were going to Alpharetta - which, thankfully, I am not. ;)

Todd / Vic

Give me a call next time you're at RYY and in need of lunch. My office is 2 miles away!

Back