What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Breakfast Sunday, 2/7 at BOW

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
SUNDAY BREAKFAST WILL BE AT BARTOW AIRPORT:

IDENTIFIER: BOW
FREQUENCY:
TOWER: 121.2
GROUND: 121.9

BUNKY'S BARNSTORMIN' RESTAURANT
ARRIVAL TIME: 9:00 AM

PLEASE LET LORENE KNOW SO I CAN MAKE A RESERVATION. (750-5312)

I'll be there.

TFR OVER THE CAPE........

dan, you are quick, watch out for the tfr, what time is the launch? :rolleyes:

I should be there. There are also a bunch of fly-ins on Saturday (FL54, Immokalee, South Lakeland), but it doesn't look like the wx will cooperate.

This is Ryan......and will be until I can figure out the password for my regular account. :D

south lakeland........

south lakeland is next week. whats happening at fl54 and immokalee?

south lakeland is next week. whats happening at fl54 and immokalee?

An e-flyer my buddy sent me has the X49 fly-in scheduled for tomorrow, as does the EAA website (http://eaa.org/calendar/eventdetail.aspx?id=6002) I know that they tried to have it last weekend, but the wx didn't cooperate.

FL54 should be having their recurring first Saturday of the month breakfast. I've yet to make it up there (just found out about it from the Washburns a few weeks ago), but am looking forward to it one of these days.

Immokalee is having a fly-in and IHRA drag races at the airport - "Wings and Wheels" (http://www.paradisecoast.com/events/moreinfo.php?id=3313)

This weekend is also the Everglades City seafood festival.

AND, the most important thing going down (up) in the state this weekend is, of course, the launch of STS-130 - the last scheduled night (ok, 4:39am) launch for the shuttle program. If the forecasters have it right, we should have great wx for the launch. I was planning on watching it from the RV, but am now thinking I'll drive over in the wee hours of the morning to see this thing light from up close one last time.:(

Last edited:
more info......

FOR THOSE WHO HAD INTENDED TO GO TO FLYING TIGER TOMORROW, FEB. 6, IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED. THEY HAVE HAD SO MUCH RAIN THEY ARE

FLOODED. NO PLACE TO PARK.

WE ARE GOING TO WILLISTON IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. ARRIVAL TIME 9:00.

SUNDAY BREAKFAST WILL BE AT BARTOW AIRPORT:

IDENTIFIER: BOW
FREQUENCY:
TOWER: 121.2
GROUND: 121.9

BUNKY'S BARNSTORMIN' RESTAURANT
ARRIVAL TIME: 9:00 AM

PLEASE LET LORENE KNOW SO I CAN MAKE A RESERVATION. (750-5312)

I'll be there.
For anyone flying in Sunday, the Tower is closed, so treat as an untowered airport.
See you all there in the morning.
I'm setting the alarm for 4:20am to catch the STS launch. Not many more left.

wheres dan?

dan, where were ya? had a huge group today. did you see the launch? turbo

Breakfast

Just an FYI, the EAA chapter at X21 in Titusville has a nice breakfast the first Saturday of each month. There are usually a few RVs there. :)

dan, where were ya? had a huge group today. did you see the launch? turbo

Sorry I missed it guys.
My wife lost her purse on the way to work in the morning. I was in chase & panic mode. Fortunately, we live on a private road and I found it. By then I was too late to make it.
I was so looking forward to meeting you all & wanted to talk to Ryan about his trip to Costa Rica. I'll be flying out there in the morning. Commercial:(

Back