What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-7's in Atlanta?

bkthomps

Well Known Member
I'm trying to get a buddy pass to the Van's factory but I'd love to take a ride in a RV7 locally if possible, I've seen a few signatures that show people in the area but I didn't want to e-stalk anyone :)

New to the site, got the practice kit on the way, working on my instrument rating

Rv-7 Ride in ATL

I'm trying to get a buddy pass to the Van's factory but I'd love to take a ride in a RV7 locally if possible, I've seen a few signatures that show people in the area but I didn't want to e-stalk anyone :)

New to the site, got the practice kit on the way, working on my instrument rating

I know of several beautiful examples in the Atlanta metro area. Best person I know to have you contact is Vern Darley-Falcon Rv Squadron.(770)310-7169 He can put you in touch with the right person.

Contact Mike Stuart - 'Kahuna' - from this site. He's a Team RV lead and I'm sure he can help you out. He keeps his RV-8 at Gwinnett Co., Lawrenceville, KLZU I think.

Scott

Welcome to VAF!

What part of ATL are you in? I'm based at LZU and we have quite a few RV's up there. Mine is a -7A but I'd love to give you a ride. If you have your heart set on getting a ride in a taildragger...we have two -7's on our field that I'm aware of.

Where do you fly out of?

Welcome to VAF!

What part of ATL are you in? I'm based at LZU and we have quite a few RV's up there. Mine is a -7A but I'd love to give you a ride. If you have your heart set on getting a ride in a taildragger...we have two -7's on our field that I'm aware of.

Where do you fly out of?

I've never flown a tail dragger, EVER! I'm partial to the nose wheel at this point, I fly out of FTY since it is about 3 miles from my house. I was actually checking out your signature in another newb thread and your plane seems to be dead on the money for what my idea of a finished project for me would be. Any pictures or details/blog on your rv7??

In lurking on this forum it seems like a pretty awesome community to be a part of- thanks in advance!

RV's in Peachtree City area

We have about 50+ builders/flyers around here who are part of the Falcon RV Squadron. We meet every Tuesday at Mellow Mushroom Pizza on hwy 74 in Peachtree City at 11:30 for an RV luncheon and all thru the week at random times around hangar D30 at KFFC-Falcon Field (Behind Aircraft Spruce).

I soloed at Charlie Brown last century. Love the Restaurant.

Come on down for a visit!

I've never flown a tail dragger, EVER! I'm partial to the nose wheel at this point, I fly out of FTY since it is about 3 miles from my house. I was actually checking out your signature in another newb thread and your plane seems to be dead on the money for what my idea of a finished project for me would be. Any pictures or details/blog on your rv7??

Yep, my build log is at http://rv.jpainter.org. 3000+ pictures of the build are there. Feel free to contact me via e-mail and we can work out details of getting you a ride. Use the e-mail address on my site...lower left hand corner of the page...the address on the top (bottom one is my wife).

Best,
Jamie

Yep, my build log is at http://rv.jpainter.org. 3000+ pictures of the build are there. Feel free to contact me via e-mail and we can work out details of getting you a ride. Use the e-mail address on my site...lower left hand corner of the page...the address on the top (bottom one is my wife).

Best,
Jamie

Outstanding, there goes my productivity for the day!! lol- I'll shoot you an email

If you're over by PDK, look me up. I have my RV-7A based there. I'm usually hanging out in my office where I teach at Advanced Aviation...in the same building the Pilot Shop. :)

Back