What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Excellent Japanese Chin Adventure

Pat Hatch

Well Known Member
Advertiser
OK, Pete Howell, you really started something, buddy! Not long ago I joined the crowd at Pilots 'n Paws and had my first trip Saturday. I got the call from the lady at the Japanese Chin Care & Rescue in Ft. Lauderdale to fly Bunny to Panama City and there pick up Tyco who was going to a permanent home in my hometown of Vero Beach. I think I over-prepared; I had a carrier, blankets, leash, treats, water, etc., etc., but ended up just needing a towel on the front seat! Here's Bunny at FXE looking a little anxious, but in a few minutes after takeoff she was curled up sound asleep.

005pp.jpg

027pp.jpg

The leg from Ft. Lauderdale to Panama City was 2:30 and Bunny did real well, even slept through my ILS approach. At PNF I dropped off Bunny to the foster parents and picked up Tyco:

030pp.jpg

And off to VRB with Tyco pretty much asleep the whole way. This leg I climbed up to 9,500 to catch a little wind and was back in Vero in just over 2 hours. Tyco got a little jittery when we hit the slightly rough air on descent and climbed right into my lap for reassurance. She was happy to be on the ground and even happier to greet her new family!

050pp.jpg

055pp.jpg

Pete Howell, you're a good man to have led the way.

Way to Go, Pat!

There is no better way to fly! Thanks for helping out.

Cruising along at 9500 with a pup on your lap is about as good as it gets. No complaints from the passenger seat, either.....

Congratulations, Pat...

....betcha can't do just one!

When you feel just how dependent these little animals are for our rescue...you have what amounts to another RV grin, but better,

Best,

Very cool of you. However, from the look of the dog (cute, but a little odd). I must relate the old Peter Sellers / Inspector Clouseau joke:

"Does your dog bite?" asks Clouseau.
"No." says the guy at the hotel desk.
(Sellers tries to pet the dog, who tries to maul him)
"I thought you said your dog does not bite!"
"That is not my dog."

:)

TODR

Back