What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV Builders out in western Mass???

milliken23

Gents,
I'm building an RV-7, in the wing construction phase. I'd love to know if anyone else is building close by. I'm in western mass in Wilbraham, near Springfield. Send a message if your building, i'd love to see your project.
Thanks,
Glenn.
978-580-4383

Hi Glenn,

PM sent with phone number of RV-7A builder in Wilbraham. He's in the final stages now.

Mitch Garner

RV-4 flying

Hi Glenn,

I'm building a 10 in Southbridge,next town over from Sturbridge. I'm also on the wing phase, I'd love to meet with you and see how things are coming along and you can check out my project.Ive been pretty much alone since I started, I'd like to pick someones brain. Check your PM's for my cell # and address. Look forward to meeting you.

Steve Stella
#40654 Wings
N521RV reserved

Building Help/Advice

Hi all,

I've built three RV's : two RV6A's, and a RV-7A that I'm currently flying. All have been/are IFR. The RV-7A has a triple display glass cockpit. I'm based at 7B6 Skylark in E Windsor CT. If you're nearby and interested, I'll give you an RV ride. All you have to do is call and arrange a time. (If you are a pilot, I put you in the left seat, if you want!) I'm not a CFI, but I will spend time with you as PIC to get you ready to fly your own RV.
I've been doing electrical designs for RV builders for some time. I can offer a lot of help in designing and installing your complete electrical solution, including the basic electrical system, and a complete avionics package. I will generate a complete electrical documentation package that includes schematics of all electrical components (my last plane had seven "D" sized sheets), as well as pictures of installation ideas. Electrical solutions include everything from a simple VFR plateform, to extensive IFR capibilities.
If your interested, I also have an electrical presentation that I do for EAA chapters. This presentation is about a hour long, and includes overviews on all aspects of aircraft electrical design and implementations.
I've made several small mechanical design enhancements on my RV's that allow for much easier future maintenance. I've also made a few changes that eliminate some maintenance issues (wheel pant brackets?) I've also built/modified wing tip tanks to extend the flight range when necessary. (I have a second Alaska trip planned with some other local RV'ers for next June!) If your currently building the wings, I can give you some information on how to install the necessary in-wing plumbing for wing tip tanks just in case you might add them later. It's a lot easier to do it now than after the skins are all riveted on?.
I'm currently working part-time but it's only three days a week (Tue - Thur). The rest of my time is usually free for aviation activities. I've put 330 Hrs on the RV-7A in 15 months, mostly traveling to other peoples projects!
Let me know if you want to go for a ride, or just talk. Use my email address below (it's forwarded to my work address) or give me a call?.

Frederic W Stucklen
Custom Aircraft Electrical Designs
148 Winkler Road
East Windsor, CT 06088

Tel: 860-490-3933
Email: [email protected]

Hubbardston Ma rv7 builder

All,

Kevin Johnson here, I live in Hubbardston. I recently moved here and saw the thread on VAF regarding builders in Western Ma. I live about 4.5 miles from Gardner airport. Working on the fuse.

Back