What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Welcome former YahooGroupers!

randylervold

With the decomissioning of the RV-3 YahooGroup that most of RV-3ers used to monitor, welcome to what I hope will become our new home! We are a small group and need to have a ready means of communication. As an RV-3B builder I will actively monitor this forum and provide what information I can to others. I will also continue to accumulate as much info as possible on the RV-3 on my web site for the benefit of all.

Hi Randy, keep up the good work on your web site. It's a great source for thoes of us plodding along on RV-3's. Like you, I built the plans roll structure and didn't like it . Used your roll bar as a model for mine. Thanks!

Hank Gallagher
RV-3B N33HG Fuselage
RV-6 N866RV 495HRS Sold

rv-3 qb wing

hi randy i was just over your web and i readed some stuff about the qb wing and you mension the wings comes with bigger or longer outboard skin and also some spar issue what is that mean does it worth the money spend on qb wings thanks

I still think it's well worth the money, but that's a personal thing. If you didn't have a day job and could spend full time building then you might have a different perspective. Unfortunately I still need to keep the day job.

Although I haven't started into it yet (but should within a few weeks) I don't think it will take long to correct -- I'm not overly worried about it. For those who have yet to order though you might ask Van's if they have corrected the situation. I told Tom Green I'd get him good pics of the situation which I still haven't done. Heck, he's 45 minutes away, maybe I can talk him into coming over for a look.

rv3b qb wings

hirandy i was talking with vans today and they dont know anything about this problem they just say its twp differnet wings one is retrofit and the second is the new rv-3b wing that all thay say

Back