What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shop paint filter set-up - help please

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
HELP - I'm about ready to configure up my air compressor/shop tool/paint sprayer set up. Have pretty much decided to use Stewart Systems throughout and their recommended spray equipment.

Have looked and studied a lot and the more I study and look around, the more I need your help (kind of like too many flavors of ice cream).

So please advise me - by manufacturer and model number please which oil/water/pressure reducer should I purchase???

Thanks in advance.

I use a DeVbiss HVLP gun with a filter ball and regulator at the gun.
The fittings must be hvlp also. hose pressure around 120 psi.
the regulator is not the needle type. Too much hardware between the compressor and the gun will reduce the volume you need.
A good paint supply house will help set you up properly.
You will also want at least 70 F & 50% humidity this time of year

I'm using Stewart Systems smoke gray primer with a HF HPLV gun. It works great! I set my air pressure for 70PSI and have a regulator/water seperator combo. I then open the fan control on the left side of the gun to about 1 turn open. Then adjust the gun regulator to maintain 35PSI while the trigger is pulled. That is exactly what the guy in charge at Stewart Sytems told me to do. I had problems originally trying to find the right mix of settings but after talking to him I now consistently get great results.

Back