What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need install tips for Electro Air system

flyboy1963

Well Known Member
How did you wire your ElectroAir ignition?
I have an old one, and plan to install during my annual this weekend.
I may get an AME to help with the wiring.
I also have the inductive pickup to install behind the flywheel, so any tips for that would also be valuable.
Also bolting the coils to the firewall, and still am deciding on auto or massive plugs; I have both.

thx

Perry,
On the location of the control unit, locate it where there is no chance of it getting wet by rain or a good afternoon wash. Any EI modules do not like excessive moisture / vibration / heat. On the inductive pick-up (crank trigger CT), the main thing if you can is to keep the CT lead at least 6? away from any spark plug lead to reduce any chance of Electro magnetic Interference (EMI). Coil mounting is your call, these are GM coils and very stout. GM has directly mounted (with no rubber insulators) these coil bricks for many years on all their engines with no problems. Plan out you spark plug wire routing/layout for different coil locations. Stay away from excessive long wires. ?? What type of wires are you going to use? Auto plugs would be my choice for a single spark HEI system, because you can have more of a selection of heat ranges and gap size.

Thomas Shpakow
www.g3ignition.com

Back