What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jekyll bound...today

pierre smith

Well Known Member
..Wheels up around 10:00 a.m. with Jenny, her son and his girlfriend for a treat. Megan hasn't flown before so we have a couple of very happy kids....pics later.

Meanwhile, track us here:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0vUknkNnN1NvSX2eyon0NyA7q40FKHhYO
qnsnr9.jpg

Two happy campers, Aaron and Megan. She'd never been up in any kind of airplane, so I wondered if I made a mistake by not taking her on a 15 minute hop first but she oohed and aahed all the way to Jekyll and back. As it turned out, the whole world was out flying today.
Pierre

Last edited:
Pretty cool!

I clicked on the link about 10:15-ish, and you were over Summertown; burial place of my Confederate veteran great-grandfather. Amazing, this modern technology. Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

I saw your plane

I wondered who's -10 that was on the ramp. My -4 was on the other side of the FBO. We were out on a Red Bug enjoying the beach and some lunch.

Looks good. I hope you are liking the -10 a bit more now that you put 4 people in it.

Don't land short

14339_1149409496253_1258077057_30362742_3649355_n.jpg

For some reason I was really concerned about engine out in the pattern here. I was high and carried a slip until round out.

Thanks Sid...

...We looked your -4 over and it's a beauty all around. A really first class bird.

I've worked the -10 down to 80 MPH on final with 4 aboard and 45 gallons of gas. I've taken Smoky's advice and Mr. RV-10 in Oz and have stalled her with and without flaps....what an honest airplane...just amazing what Van has accomplished here.

A 300 mile round-trip, a fabulous lunch at The Jekyll Island club, two overwhelmed teenagers and an island tour on a Red Bug....happy campers indeed....and still home by 4:00 p.m.

Best,

Back