What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero interior...

TomRV8

I am ready to order my seats and other interior items for my under construction RV-7A. I like the Classic Aero packages, however their web site seems to be somewhat out of date in that their newsletters and "Knowledgebase" haven't been updated since 2008.

Looking for some RECENT experience from other builders as to their dealings with Classic Aero. Just want to be sure all is well with the company, and that they are still providing the good service and responsiveness that I have read about in previous VAF posts...

Thanks!
Tom
San Antonio, TX

Flying my RV-4 for 21 years
Building RV-7A

Bought seats from Classic Aero last year. Called them a few weeks ago for quotes on specific side panel parts, and recieved a prompt email of prices.

L.Adamson -- RV6A

Ordered mine in September . . . .

. . . . from Classic Aero. Talked with Luke extensively several times before actually placing the order. Absolutely great to deal with. My stuff (Aviator Seats, carpet, stick boots, etc and Hooker harnesses) are due to be shipped around the end of the month.

Last edited:
CAD

:) My 7a has CAD's all leather Aviator interior package. Seats(embroidered), bolsters, moulded leather wrapped sides, stick boots, instument glare shield,
carpets with noise dampening foam and heal pads, rear bagage floor/walls and embroidered bulk head. Was this package cheap? No way, it was pricey. Looks fantastic.
Looks expensive and is very comfortable. Very modern and automotive looking. 42 pounds complete, about 32 pounds heavier than plain seats. I'm happy (and that's all that really matters).
Everyone at Classic Aero Design were professional and Helpful, Mailing multiple leather samples to Canada numerous times. And they advertise here.

however their web site seems to be somewhat out of date in that their newsletters and "Knowledgebase" haven't been updated since 2008.
The web site is just fine, great photos and the knowledge base is accurate.
Regards

Last edited:
Oregon Aero Seats

I have them and love them, make hours in the cockpit seem like miniutes, abby covered them for me

Peter

I would use them again! I have All leather Aviator Pkg. Web site is up to date, as is news letter. Everything was shipped on time and in good shape. Luke was always very helpfull

Call the guy

I installed Aviator leather seats and the less expensive side panels. Also put in the carpet which has a thick stiff foam underlayer and it all fit in like a glove. You will love it. But, call the guy, get leather and carpet samples, and talk about all the available options. They can do about anything. Oh yeah, that leather smells soooooo goooooooood.

His stuff is expensive but it is pretty. It's like some other guy said about paint. "Pretty is expensive." "How pretty do you want it?"

When should I buy?

Hi all,
When did you all buy your interiors and fit them? Currently I'm working on the slider frame on the fuselage but will likely spend a couple more years finishing the firewall forward and avionics, etc (kid in college!) so I have time but wondered what kind of timing works best for an interior fit up. I want to have a full interior but haven't settled on a vendor yet. Thanks in advance for any advice.

when on interior.

I bought mine when I was picking the interior trim paints. I wanted to match the two tone leather. It was also an inspiration to sit in the completed interior :D WOW, did that look and feel great. The sports car look also impressed my friends. Way Cool!

:) here too

I bought their complete package with non-leather seats and I'm VERY happy with both the quality, the great comfort and their service.
I've NO complaints after 110 hrs.

I'll be ordering the same thing for my second -7, no question about it!

Ok, it's a bit pricey, but definetely well worth the money!

My 2 cents from Norway...

Classic Aero lead time

I just ordered some seats, stick boots, etc from Classic Aero a couple of weeks ago.

The're not due to be shipped until Jan 18 - about 90 days lead time:eek:

I'm OK with it because my plane won't be ready to fly by then but others should plan accordingly.

How soon you get your seats depends on how busy Luke is and he seems
pretty busy these days.

Dave
-9A Finish Kit
N514R reserved

Hi Tom,
Talked with Luke ( DEc 14 2009)at Classic Aero and hes very much in business. He saz hes been so busy that he hasn't updated his webpage but hes sorry and will get it updated soon. rv9A Ron in Salem Oregon Chptr 292

Back