What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

cool class

tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
A freind of mine told me about this class and I enrolled today. I am passing along the information to those of you in the central Florida area who may be interested.

Mid Florida Tech, in Orlando has an evening class that teaches machinist skills, precision measuring, milling, metal lath work, and CNC machine operation. Not only do you get to learn skills that will help in the building of your RV, you get to use all the high tech machines to do the work on your project. The daytime classes are pretty regimented for those who want to actually want to learn to be a machinist and get a job in that vocation. Evening classes are much less formal and are attended by guys like me who want to learn some of the skills and use the machines for their own project work. My friend is taking the class for the 4th time !!! He does it as a hobby and keeps re-enrolling in the class so that he can use the workshop there.

Classes are given on Monday and Tuesday evenings for a 9 week semester. I don't think that you actually have to take any tests etc. I plan to cut my panel there. That alone is worth the $200 per semester fee to me.

Classes begin on Monday, Jan 9th. The campus is located on Oakridge Rd. just east of John Young Parkway in Orlando. You have to go there to sign up.

Back