What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Operators of Airflow Performance Fuel Injection

Don at Airflow

Well Known Member
Since we have a lot of RV pilots using our products, we figured this would be a good place to alert operators of this issue. The bulletin is on our web site also.

Bulletin No.: Date: 9/23/2009
Subject: Flow Divider/Purge Valve Assembly

Owners/Operators of Airflow Performance Fuel Injection Systems, incorporating a Flow Divider/Purge Valve Assembly. An inspection of the pipe nipple between the flow divider and purge valve assemblies is required before further flight. If your system was purchased between 1994 and 2002 there may be a blue anodized aluminum pipe nipple (AN911-1D) in this location. This fitting needs to be changed to a stainless steel pipe nipple. You may send in your assembly for a replacement for this part or you may call and give us the serial number of the flow divider and we will send you a stainless steel fitting to replace the aluminum fitting.

Give us a call if you have any questions about this subject.

Don

Brace

I have a heavy brace between the divider and the valve. Still think I need to replace the fitting?

Aluminum fitting

This service bulletin only applies to Airflow Performance flow divider/purge valve assemblies that were assembled using our brackets and shipped as a unit, from our facility.

If the fitting is a AN911-1D aluminum fitting then it should be changed to the stainless steel nipple. If this is a part that you incorporated in your installation then you can determine if the assembly is satisfactory.

Don

Here's a photo from my -4

I believe the fitting Don is referring to is the blue nipple located bewteen the flow divider and the purge valve.

70w2na.jpg
[/IMG]

Good luck,

Dean

I believe the fitting Don is referring to is the blue nipple located bewteen the flow divider and the purge valve.

Good luck,

Dean

Dean, off topic, but important. A fellow here lost power on take off because of a wire break in his purge valve controller cable. He had the same type you have. Something to consider. I used a push button lock cable (Spruce A770) with a 10-32 clevis as shown here:

AFP%20picture%20showing%20aluminum%20coupling%20N66AP.JPG

Dean, off topic, but important. A fellow here lost power on take off because of a wire break in his purge valve controller cable. He had the same type you have. Something to consider. I used a push button lock cable (Spruce A770) with a 10-32 clevis as shown here:

Nice set-up. I plan to install a "fail-open" spring when I install the SS nipple. The set-up you have is much cleaner, but too much work at this point. I think I will archive your photo in my "future upgrades" folder.

Thanks,

Fail open spring

My controller cable is the cheap kind, but I also put a fail-open spring on there. HIGHLY recommend that for anyone's AFP installation.

Nice set-up. I plan to install a "fail-open" spring when I install the SS nipple. The set-up you have is much cleaner, but too much work at this point. I think I will archive your photo in my "future upgrades" folder.

Thanks,

Back