What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KAEX (Alexandria, LA)

RVRC

Well Known Member
In a few weeks I am going to be visiting my hometown of Alexandria, LA. Any RVers out there? I don't find any in the white pages.:confused:

I see several LA builders on page 24, but none at KAEX.

Irrelevant, but I spent three years there in the USAF.

not old enough

Larry, you are not old enough to have been there when EAFB was open!! :eek: I spent my first 35 years there and now been in SC for 20. I know there are some EAA chapters over there, just can't believe there aren't any RVs.

KAEX or 2L0

KAEX is not the hot bed of private aviation in the Alexandria area. Try Lake Buhlow Airport(2L0). It is the home of EAA 614, the most active EAA chapter in Louisiana. They sponsor a fall fly in that is great. Their pancake breakfasts on the first Saturday of each month draw a big crowd. I know of only one RV in the group.
554117218_t2WE7-M.jpg

This one belongs to Dr. Clyde Hollier. He keeps it at KESF.
I work in Pineville and spend the week there. I keep my airplane in Farmerville and spend my weekends in Ruston.

There are some RV's down there

Hi Robert,
I know there are a few RV's down in that area. I just don't know the owners personally. There is a big EAA chapter there. They have a nice hangar at Pineville (2L0).

Zack Spivey of Ruston works in Alexandria and has gone to a few of their chapter meetings. Maybe he will see your post and chime in.
(I see he did just that, while I was typing)

Maybe I can fly down one day while you are there and we can take a ride in my 7A.

Mark

Zack and Mark

Thanks for the replies. I am familiar with Pineville. Used to be called 9LA6. Got lots of hours flying in and out of there. Did my instrument training there. Also ESF. My very first LOGGED flight was from Pineville to Esler!! Mark, I would love to have a ride in your plane. I will email privately to set time and day. Zack, I think you and I have chatted before when I was visiting Ruston and met Mark. Hopefully will get a chance to meet you while I am there.

Larry, you are not old enough to have been there when EAFB was open!! :eek: I spent my first 35 years there and now been in SC for 20. I know there are some EAA chapters over there, just can't believe there aren't any RVs.

Unfortunately, I am! 1986-1989. Ah, the memories.....I wish I could remember them...

Back