What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for Hangar Partner

galvestonaggie

I'm New Here
Hay guys I'm new to the forum; my buddy Clint (trooper1276) is currently building an RV-8 tail section and I'm trying to help him where I can and will hopefully be ordering my own soon (using his tools of course). At the moment I am the not so proud owner of a high wing 1967 North American Rockwell Aero Commander 100 more efficiently known as "money pit". This beautiful ******* from which there is no escape is currently tied down at DWH and I have been hoping to put the high maintenance **** in the hanger château that she deserves for some time now. However, my meager finances coupled with her healthy appetite for A&P's have left her sitting alone and in the rain next to a rotting Money and Grumman Tiger on Alpha ramp at DWH. All of which brings me to my present question, is there anyone either at Hooks, Williams, or Conroe who is looking for a hanger mate. I have talked to a few guys who say that the set up with a high wing and low wing RV isn't that bad in a box hanger and on top of that I will let you use the old gal any time your machine goes Tango Uniform. Lastly I really appreciate all of the advise so many of you offer on this forums and I look forward to working with you all more in the future.

-Shannon

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL....

...at your humorous intro. What exactly is a "Cube farmer?" I've sprayed crops for 39 years now and have never sprayed for one of those:)

Welcome,

Hey Shannon,

Welcome to the board. Sorry the old lady has been cheating on you with A&P's. She sounds like a gold digger in my opinion.

I'd call Katie at Williams and get your name on the list. They should have some hangars coming available very soon, but they are T-hangars. So you wouldn't be able to have a hangar mate. They're also getting started on some new ones soon.

On a side note, they do have covered parking. That would at least get the princess into the shade for now and her attitude might change a bit.

The last time I kicked my wife out of the house without shade was last July. It required much effort on my part to repair our relationship. I will NEVER do that again!! I learned that after locking your "baby" outside in the Houston sun, your "baby" can turn into a real Bi***!!!!!!!

:D

Last edited:
That reminds me of an old fighter pilot's song lyric I used to listen to on an old (gasp!) vinyl album;
"Don't give me an F-84, she's just a ground lovin' whore, she'll whine and she'll wheeze and make straight for the trees, don't give me an F-84!"

Looks like a 172 mated with a Mooney in the back of a hangar late one night... but she got ya to Oshkosh!
373062.jpg

If you want a shared hangar spot at Hooks a good bet might be to troll around the some of the big box hangars and look for signs posted advertising space available. There are usually a few signs posted, just gotta look around and find them.

Wow Shannon!

I could go sooo many ways with this one...

1. Someone thought the girl was pretty enough to post on a website?

2. I say leave her out in the cold. Trade up for a newer, slimmer, one that can cook.

3. Thats my Tent and Chairs!

4. If you mate a Hourse and a donkey you get something sterile, so if this goes into the hanger with something else I'm pretty sure nothing bad will come out of the union.

5. On the other hand one bad apple....

Back