What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Loehle web site

johngoodman

Well Known Member
Has anybody had trouble loading the Loehle web site? I'm getting messages that it no longer exists.
John

My experience with Loehle has been horrible. I ordered online some of their primer and didn't get any confirmation or anything, so I called the next day. Spoke to someone who could not find my order, so she wrote up a new order and said it would ship the next day and take a couple days. Still no other confirmation, no UPS or Fedex confirmation that it was shipped. Two weeks later, desperate to get this stuff to finish pinhole filling before paint shop deadline, I called them again. "Oh, we had a rush of orders, but yours is scheduled to go out today." I cancelled my order and ordered some Smoothprine from ACS, which arrived in a day. This month, on my VISA bill was $64 charge from Loehle (which I am going to refuse to pay).

Bottom line is that the service sucked and I would NEVER advise anyone to do business with them. They are clearly totally disorganized (giving them the benefit of the doubt). Obviously I have no idea how well their products work. I hope this warns someone else and that the moderators don't consider it vendor bashing and pull this post.

greg

Lots of builder sites seem to be going away. Sure would be nice if someone could dedicate a website to cataloging the most used information from the sites as they're being created. :rolleyes:
Agreed; I now save things I find useful as a PDF. I used to have a CD of Dan's website and I kick myself for throwing it away.

If anyone can't keep their website, I'd be happy to post that info on mine.

Here's another place to get their "Wonderfill"

My experience with Loehle has been horrible. I

Bottom line is that the service sucked and I would NEVER advise anyone to do business with them. They are clearly totally disorganized (giving them the benefit of the doubt). Obviously I have no idea how well their products work. I hope this warns someone else and that the moderators don't consider it vendor bashing and pull this post.

greg

Now I'm feeling guilty about not sharing my own rotten experience with them about a year ago. I had to go to the credit card company to reimburse me for a duplicate charge. I just thought mine was an isolated experience.

I did think their pinhole filler worked pretty well, but I suspect it is the same stuff that model airplane builders use. I found it at this site:

http://www.bvmjets.com/Pages/milledfib.htm

Loehle Web Site

Loehle isn't a builders site, it's a Vendor site. They sell WWII and WWI replica kit planes and a paint system.

I bought my paint system from them over a year ago. They are a small family company and I enjoyed talking with Mrs. Loehle. Service was fine. I've been happy with the paint system. Amateur that I am, I have no way of knowing if it is better or worse than the others. I particularly like the black sanding primer, though. It dries with a glossy finish but turns grey when you sand it. Then it's easy to see depressions because they are still gloss.

I hope their web site being down doesn't mean they've gone out of business. That happens all too frequently in aviation.

Last edited:
Not gone

It (www.loehle.com) came up for me a few minutes ago. Maybe just server problems. There were a LOT of internet problems in the eastern US the last couple of days.

Back