What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight N68AK

rv8guy

Well Known Member
First Flight!!

RV-8 N68AK, a slow build with Aerosport O-360 and Whirlwind 151 took to the skies yesterday at Athens, Georgia.

All the stories are true! the airplane is awesome. It only took 7.5 years, and now I can fly!

Thanks to all the really helpful discussions on this site, and thanks Doug for the website in general.

Marshall Jacobson

N68AK Flying!

Outstanding!

One more "True Believer" among us...congratulations, and best luck with Phase One!

Paul

Marshall,

Congratulations and enjoy your new bird! Please be sure and do some testing, and do it in a thorough and methodical manner. I see far too many guys just fly off their time and go on their merry way. While the RV-8 is a proven design I believe you still need to make a point of testing your stall speeds for example both solo/light and dual/gross etc. You are teaching yourself how the plane behaves as much as gathering data for your POH. That's what Phase I is for and the more you know about your bird the safer you'll be.

Fly safely!

Congratulations!!

Nice to hear that you have had no problems so far....it keeps the rest of us motivated.....I'm looking to buy a -8 kit (slowbuild) soon so your bird flying means a lot to the rest of us "ground pounders".....Congratulations again.

There is a picture on the Vans site, but as it is not painted and has no pants yet, I'll wait to post some later.

thanks everybody for the encouragement.

I did slow flight, stalls etc today. Tomorrow some climb tests.

TOO MUCH FUN

Marshall

Back