What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

UMA 1 1/4 gauges

We're installing a set of the 1 1/4" guages into an RV4 panel right now. As you know they're made by UMA, and from all indications they appear to be of pretty good quality and better than a lot of the 2 1/4" instruments I've seen.

They are a bit higher in price, but really look nice installed....like litttle turbine indicators!

Anyway we haven't fired them up yet but the fit/finish appears to be quite good. I think the 1 1/4" fuel gauges are becoming a popular option for "backup" fuel gauges on some of the panels we're doing.

Cheers,
Stein.

I thought I might be the only one out there not installing an EFIS. Thanks. I can fit 12 of these babies on the panel and still have lots of room. No more waiting for menus to scroll.

I have a few in my panel

Mine are working fine. The only instrument that has failed is the cheap wet compass from Van's. It blew a gasket after I went up to 14,000 and dumped fluid over the glare shield etc. However, the small gauges for fuel pressure, oil pressure and vacuum have worked well. Like you implied it is nice to look at a dedicated little framed face on the panel for imediate feedback of flight critical data.

Bob Axsom

Used them before and have UMA RPM transducer

rv6ejguy said:
Anyone used the UMA 1 1/4 inches steam gauges? Quality, accuracy?
I used the Vac and Fuel pressure in my first RV and they worked fine. I would not go with mechanical gauges (or Vacuum instruments) today. I have a GRT EIS4000 from my latest project a RV-7, I think you are using on your -6A, but I can say the two gauges 1-1/4" gauges I had worked well.

I am using a UMA RPM hall effect transducer for the EIS4000 RPM input(**) and happy with the quality. I know it may not have anything to do with their mechanical steam gauges, but it does speak to their quality. Again I would not use UMA gauges only because electronic monitors are so popular and useful.

(**) I have dual electronic ignition and to get around the problem of loosing the RPM display during run up and single ign check, I went with the mechanical transducer. The RPM transducer from UMA is more compact than other brands or the one Van sells.

Merry Christmas, G

Last edited:
Back