What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KOMN Ormond Beach

decathlon737

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Anyone based at OMN or frequent airport often? Have parking? Best FBO? I have vacation home in Ormond Beach and plan on flying in this weekend.
Thanks in advance.

komn

I am based at Ormond, Nice place for locals ,cheap fuel,great tower controllers,but not so good for some one just stopping in ,no rental cars ,no pay phone and no resturaunt on the field ( there is one about 400 feet away at the golf course , no signs but it's there ) The FBO ( sunrise aviation ) is a poor excuse for an FBO ,no coffee ,just a bunch of Indian student pilots.
I will be around over the week end ,if you need a ride or any info give me a call ( 386 547 5328 Tom ) 8am 8 pm

Thanks Tom,
I've heard rumors of no parking space. I think the vacation home is only a few miles from OMN. Is there a better alternative airport that is still pretty close?

Thanks Tom,
I've heard rumors of no parking space. I think the vacation home is only a few miles from OMN. Is there a better alternative airport that is still pretty close?

Ya Bill I hate to say it but my wife and I got stuck at OMN last year (due to weather) and it was pretty on your own kind of affair.
I would try to find somewhere else

Flagler Field is nearby, but I don't know what the facilities are like there. Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of help. I am fairly close at New Smyrna Beach. KEVB.

Sad to hear

I got my private pilot license out of OMN. It was a nice airport (untowered) and Sunrise was a good FBO at the time. It is sad to hear it has gone down hill.

Why don't you just land at Daytona Beach International, Embry-Riddle is there so it can get somewhat busy, but overall a nice airport with good FBOs and plenty of rental cars.

Ya Bill I hate to say it but my wife and I got stuck at OMN last year (due to weather) and it was pretty on your own kind of affair.
I would try to find somewhere else

komn

If you fly into Ormond I have a spot on the ramp for you to park.If you fly into XFL ( Flagler Palm Coast ) they have rental cars . Let me know if I can help.

Tom.

After reading Airnav reviews and posts from you guys I think it will be Flagler. I'm leaving early tomorrow morning weather permitting. Should be at Flagler around 9:00am. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know of any hangar space for rent at Ormond Beach? Ramp Space? I would only be using it for 6 or 8 weeks a year?

Flagler County

I spent a week in Daytona this February, and parked at Flagler County. This is a fantastic facility with very friendly and helpful FBO employees. They made me feel right at home. Also, High Jackers restaurant is on the field, and it is excellent!

Sunrise FBO

I used Sunrise FBO for parking/tie down the week end of 3/6/11. They were very helpful. Have you called them?

I spent a week in Daytona this February, and parked at Flagler County. This is a fantastic facility with very friendly and helpful FBO employees. They made me feel right at home. Also, High Jackers restaurant is on the field, and it is excellent!

I parked at Flagler last time I came down. You are right, it's a great airport. Ormond Beach is a bit closer to my condo. I'd like to be able to ride my bicycle back and forth if possible.

I used Sunrise FBO for parking/tie down the week end of 3/6/11. They were very helpful. Have you called them?

I was at Sunrise yesterday. They said they don't handle any hangar rentals and you have to just find space in private hangars.

Back