What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MT8000FA loses configuration

nauga

Well Known Member
I'm still ground-bound and trying to ops-check my APRS setup (MT8000FA at full power, GPS3, and microvolt to 12v auto bus) by driving around the greater LA area - with only one hit so far but I'm convinced that's an installation problem. I've noticed that occasionally the unit will fail to lock up on startup - the GPS rx gets a solid red light (on the GPS3) but the GPS light on the unit flashes green constantly. When this happens if I hook it to the PC interface and download the configuration the callsign and digi path fields are blank. I can retype or reload the config from the PC and upload it to the tracker like normal, then it locks up and transmits like it should...until it happens again. Has anyone else seen this and if so do you know how to avoid it? Once it's buried in a wingtip I don't want to have to reload the config unless absolutely necessary.

Nauga

The micro volt maybe the problem.

I have this setup and was told not to put the micro volt regulator too close to the radio as it would keep restarting when the radio tramsmited. I have mine off to the side a few inches and it works well. Just a thought. I get packets out with my plane setting in the hangar. N349CE. Good luck.

Back