What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brenham, Sun 6/21, 11am

Tanya

Well Known Member
Is there a better way to spend Father's Day?

We'll be on the ramp at 11 ready for a burger and shake.

Just remember that the diner doesn't open until noon on Sundays...

We might be there. If so, we'll be in N9668V.

Phil

I got in a 10:45, before the crowd... another awesome vanilla shake!! :D

Was that you leaving when we pulled in? If so, get some parking brakes for that thing so the next guy doesn't have to clear the chocks :). We parked in the same spot as a departing unpainted 7A (sorry, didn't notice if that was you) and had FOD to deal with.
That was a good example for those that don't "believe" in parking brakes.

Last edited:
Was that you leaving when we pulled in? If so, get some parking brakes for that thing so the next guy doesn't have to clear the chocks :). We parked in the same spot as a departing unpainted 7A (sorry, didn't notice if that was you) and had FOD to deal with.
That was a good example for those that don't "believe" in parking brakes.

Hi Scott,

Yes that was me... I do not have a park brake in the plane, just kinda rely on the old chocks. Most of the time... they send a person out to check the line, straighten out ropes and clear chocks so I did not have much concern due to the massive amount of parking slots available. Sorry for any inconvenience! This is still a standard practice.

Last edited:
I stand corrected. They open at 11 on Sundays....

I was waiting for lunch with my dad a few months ago, and I thought we had to wait until noon for it to open. Apparently we were waiting on 11....

My mistake... Sorry about that!

I stand corrected. They open at 11 on Sundays....

I was waiting for lunch with my dad a few months ago, and I thought we had to wait until noon for it to open. Apparently we were waiting on 11....

My mistake... Sorry about that!

Hey Phil,

No problem dude... it's probably better to get there early or at noon and let the first wave pass. :D

Back