What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric prime mounting pictures wanted

McFly

Well Known Member
I have an electric primer solenoid (ASC # 05-29823) for my Mattituck TMX-360. If you have a picture or website of how you mounted this unit, I'll buy you a beer if you are ever in Chico California. Thanks.

Electric prime solenoid

McFly said:
I have an electric primer solenoid (ASC # 05-29823) for my Mattituck TMX-360. If you have a picture or website of how you mounted this unit, I'll buy you a beer if you are ever in Chico California. Thanks.

I don't really recognize the part number....mine is the Parker-Hanefin unit purchased from Van's catalog. As illustrated, I fabbed up a simple bracket to mount it to.
primersolenoid001187ae.jpg
primersolenoid002182yn.jpg

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

Adel Clamp

Don't have a specific picture, but I simply used an Adel clamp of the right size to fit around the solenoid and mounted it to the firewall.

No Primer mount is a good primer mount

McFly said:
Just a suggestion, many pilots who installed a primer on their O-360, say they wish they would have just left it off. Some even removed it later. Since you are in Chino, you will not be using the prime at all. My last RV had a O-320 and I used it on occasion. However on my current project, a O-360A1A RV-7 I plan on leaving off. Just a thought. George

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions

Thanks Rick. The mounting screw holes seem much closer together on my primer unit, I?ll check again though.

The adel clamp mounting is what I have been considering, I may come back to it. I wanted to see some other mouse traps before I commit.

George, I was going to leave the primer off but Mattituck was just shy of adamant that I leave it on. If I ever primed with the accelerator pump, I would incurr the wrath of Mahlon ;)

Look me up if you are ever in Chico, the beer is on me. Thanks!

primer valve

The primer valve is fairly heavy, I don't think a cusion clamp will hold it permanently.

Here's what I did: I mounted it on the angle above and outboard of the battery box. After mounting, I lock-wired it into place as well. Two of the bracket rivets are in the firewall stiffener, giving it good support.

Vern Little RV-9A

119_1990_1.jpg
124_2441_1.jpg

2 Adels better than one

I used two adel clamps on the engine mount.

848image306-med.jpg

I do agree that one adel would be a bit light so I opted for two and it seems to be quite firm.

Regards,

Back