What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

David & Mary Maib RV-10 N380DM

dmaib

Well Known Member
Quick Build kit started in April of 2006. First flight Nov. 25th, 2008. Mary and I logged 2200 hours on the project.
The airplane is powered by an overhauled IO-540-C4B5 with a three bladed MT propeller.
The panel is by SteinAir and includes the Vertical Power VP-200 Duo electrical management system. It also has the Vertical Power Climate Control System doing a fantastic job with the FlightlineAC air conditioning. We are extremely happy that we went with Vertical Power. The panel is anchored by dual Cheltons on the pilot side. AFS AOA Pro, TruTrak AP-100 autopilot, PMA 8000B audio panel, Garmin SL-30, 430W, and GTX-330, and the Dynon D100 on the copilot side.
The interior is from Abby at Flightline Interiors and the paint is by Wipaire.
Tech Counselor Mike Hilger and DAR Tim Mahoney.
I had lots of valuable help and cheerleading from my good friend and A&P extraordinare, Steve Williams. Builder assistance at critical junctures from Wally Anderson at SynergyAir and Noel and Yoshie Simmons at Blue Sky Aviation.

http://img132.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=maibrv10.jpg

Last edited:
Dave,

The airplane is beautiful! What a great retirement travel machine.

You may not remember, but we met a couple of times before you retired. I work for one of the OEMs, and worked with Mr. Hansen from '95 to '00.

I think you also know my father (In fact, I think we all had dinner together in Portland several years ago before one of the Indy Car races)

Enjoy the airplane, and enjoy retirement.

js

Back