What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finally....

CNEJR

Well Known Member
Got my APRS system mounted and working in my 6. Looked at the tracks over the last several days. Does this baby work or what? Set it up like Sam's Configuration and it really seems to track well. All I can say is that it was worth the time & effort to get this set up. I set up a bookmark where my wife can click on it on her computer to bring my stat's up. Simple enough.
I want to thank everyone for steering me in the right direction on APRS. Pete Howell's j-pole antenna seems like just the ticket for a wingtip mount. I think APRS & a 406ELT are probably the most economical solution to tracking & emergency use.

http://aprs.fi/?call=N349CE&mt=m&z=11&timerange=3600

Booya!

Nice work, Chuck! My wife (and mom!) now track me regularly. No doubt, APRS is a nice tool for our planes.

I am working on the next generation of RV-APRS capability. I'll be posting when I get it all together. (if it works as planned)

Very solid track, Chuck!

I am working on the next generation of RV-APRS capability. I'll be posting when I get it all together. (if it works as planned)

Pulling up to the terminal at an airport out in the boonies to find the courtesy car warmed up with a lovely 25 yr old chauffeur holding an ice-cold Diet-Coke??????? :D

Last edited:
Very solid track, Chuck!

Pulling up to the terminal at an airport out in the boonies to find the courtesy car warmed up with a lovely 25 yr old chauffeur holding an ice-cold Diet-Coke??????? :D

That is how mine works. Yours doesn't :).
We just spent a full day yesterday from Denver to Austin via far west Texas (nothing land) and the APRS track was very good even in the middle of nowhere.

Back