What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tooele UT, airport info & Superbike Races?

Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
We're headed to Toole, UT W of Salt Lake City on the weekend of May 30. I've found limited information on the web, and the airport manager doesn't answer the phone. Does anyone know anything about the availability and price of tiedowns or hangar space at KTVY?

Also, if any VAF members are going to the races it would be fun to catch up. Scott Schmidt?...I know you ride...

Guy

I've Landed there

There may not be a full time management presence at the airport. It has been a while but I have landed there and they had self serve fuel at that time. There is a heavy US Army presence there and some serious restricted areas. Just to the west and south are the Utah Test and Training Range (UTTR) and the Dugway Proving Grounds. The runway is in a valley parallel to a high mountain range. I would just plan the flight in there and I'm rather sure everything will work out. If you can't tie down there are several other airports in the area but you would need a rental car to get where you are going. When I went in there an equipment operator had knocked out the power and the fuel pump could not be operated and I flew to the Salt Lake City Airport fueled up and tied down at Millionair on the east side of the airport.

Bob Axsom

Advice from an old Utahan is to avoid humiliation and don't call it tooley. It is twilluh.

And those Oquirrh mountains that parallel the airport.............are pronounced
Oh-ker :)

And even though I fly past the Tooele airport all the time, I know nothing of tie down availability. But there are quite a few hangars and a ramp. Haven't landed there for years.

L.Adamson

Landing in Tooele

Tooele is a nice little airport but stays busy with an airplane flight school and lots of helicopters. Be careful going in there because its barely outside Salt lake class B airspace and if your not talking to them you will get yourself in trouble. I would the second recommendation to land at Salt lake Number two(recently was renamed) I believe Salt lake jet center has rental cars and fuel. I hope this helps. Also Salt lake international is also a possibility Million air is very nice and has rental cars but you have to buy I believe 10 gallons of fuel or there is a landing/tie up fee at millionair and Salt lake air center.

Toole

Has tie downs and self serve gas, only a few hangars and most are private, more services at South Valley Regional (old Salt Lake #2) as mentioned. I believe there is no tie down fee at South Valley IF you buy gas. The FBO has hangar space and there are shade hangars also.

Last edited:
Have only done touch and goes at Tooele but wanted to wish you well at the track. Got out there for the first time 2 weeks ago for the American LeMans Series races and had a blast--great track, great access all around the track with shuttles every 5 minutes. My weekend is too busy to go, but after seeing the cars I imagine the super bikes would be awesome to see/hear. Have fun!

Back