What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ECI first start

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Well the day finally came and we lit the ECI IO360 today. The engine fired on the first blade. We ran it for about a minute the first time. The Oil Pressure was high and we discovered I had the fuel pressure sensor on the oil pressure line and vice versa. The second run was also an instantaneous start and everything was normal.

I have the standard ECI IO360 with Precision FI system, Airflow performance fuel pump, EMag/PMag set up with a Whirlwind RV200 prop. The engine was built by Robbie Attaway at www.attawayair.com. The engine ran extremely smooth. Robbie feels the Emag/Pmag has much to do with the extreme smoothness of the engine. First flight in a couple of weeks.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

Hey Darwin!!! What a great feeling. It's alive!! It's alive!!! Best of luck on the test flight.

Roberta

congrats darwin!! that's great news! i love the first start on a new engine. we put a reman on our cherokee 180 a couple of years ago, and that first start is a great feeling! it took us three months of work (it was really cold, so work days were short) to get it ready for a start, but what a great feeling it was to light it off after a blade or two! :cool:

Back