What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EI Commander

N941WR

Legacy Member
As some of you know, a good friend and I have been busy developing an in cockpit unit to control and monitor both E & P-mags.

It was our desire to have the units completed, tested, and ready for sale by SnF. unfortunately, due to all the rain we have had on the East Coast and my work schedule, we have not had a chance to test fly the units, only bench test them. Thus we have taken the time to add additional functionality to the unit such as OAT, carb temp, and MP to name a few.

You can read more about it by clicking on our logo below:

We expect the price to be around $550 each +/-. If you are interested, send me an email and I will add you to "the list". We are not taking deposits or orders at this time. Once the unit has been test flown and we KNOW it works as designed, I will contact everyone on "the list" with instructions on how to purchase one.

If you have already contacted me, feel free to send me a note to verify your place in line. (I'll be at SnF next week, and may not be able to get back to you until I return.)

Disclaimer: Although this unit is closely tied to the E & P-mag's, its development was independent of E-Mag Ignitions. There is no connection between our company and E-Mag Ignitions other than thinking they have a great product and we can help make it even better. The EI Commander will NOT allow the ignitions to operate outside the limits set by E-Mag Ignitions.

(Moderators, please check with Doug prior to deleting.)

Last edited:
Thanks Doug. We are pretty excited by the product and for me, it has been a great learning experience!

just a non involved party heads up-

your company name sounds, looks and "feels" a LOT like electronics International, EI.

do you have any connection?

if you do your web page doesn't make much mention of it.

if you don't i'd be concerned about lawyer letters concerning infringing on (to me) a recognizable and well established business' trademarks/ whatever they call name branding in legalise. i don't want to sound snippy, just letting you know how it looks from the first thought of a non-involved person.

(i live in bend, but don't work for ei, never have, don't know anybody there. never bought anything from them, in short i'm local, but that is it for connection)

Danny,

Thanks for the heads up. We are not connected in any way with Electronic International and to tell you the truth, I couldn't think of who they were or what their logo was until I just googled them.

Back