What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Frasier Lake 1C9

AMURRAY

Well Known Member
Frazier Lake 1C9

Just wondrring if there are any RV'S flying out of 1C9. Curious if the runway is suitible for the small wheels of RV'S.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Just wondrring if there are any RV'S flying out of 1C9. Curious if the runway is suitible for the small wheels of RV'S.

Thanks in advance.

There are some flying out of Watsonville to the west, and some more in Salinas to the south.

I've landed there in a Tecnam Sierra and a Remos. The sod is a bit thick but is not an issue if you don't stop. The wheels of those LSAs are not very big. The taxiway is asphalt.

Oh my, to answer this could start the nosewheel debate again so I'll be careful. I used to be based out of Frazier Lake and absolutely loved it. The field is great, the people are great, and life was wonderful. It was there where I had a problem with my nosegear while parking. Recognizing however that the grass runway is very well maintained I still land there if the need arises. To answer your question there are "A" model RV's based there and have had no problems that I am aware of. The overall experience of "Aviation" is better at Frazier Lake than any other airport I've ever been to. If you can get in you will like it a lot.

Edit... Just noticed that you are building a tailwheel plane. There are several tail wheel RV's based there and do just fine. Really, Frazier Lake is a family. You will love the atmosphere.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I rented a hanger today from a very nice gentleman. I look forward to being apart of the Frazier Lake community.

Back