What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bell Tail Wheel on F1 Rocket

gnuse

Well Known Member
Any reason not to do this?

Does anyone have experience with a Bell tail wheel on a Rocket?

Last edited:
API takes a lickin...

I installed an Aviation Products Inc. dual fork tailwheel on my RV4 and my HR2. I operate both aircraft off my turf 1800' strip and have landed on gravel strips many times. Awesome product...

Smokey
HR2

Aviation Products, Inc
114 Bryant St.
Ojai, CA 93023
ph/fax (805) 646-6042

Last edited:
Bell makes a fine product. Not as good as mine ;-) , IMHO, but a fine product nonetheless. You should choose either mine or his over the stock tailwheel hands down.

Mine is more streamlined, can accept a wheel pant and still full swivel properly, is reportedly lighter than the Bell (18 oz vs 24oz, I'm told), AND I have them in stock, ready to ship.

I guarantee it. Money back if not delighted. No returns yet in about 200+ sold.

I also highly recommend the "deluxe" tailwheel tire that I sell for $65. 6 oz lighter than the Van's type, no grease to ooze, and lasts a LLLOOOONGG time. I've got 200+ hours on mine and it still looks like new. Over 150+ are out in the field.

Vince

not as good? Heavier?

Just joking with you Vince.
You have your fork in stock and you have us there. Dad continues to ship, another 14 went out yesterday and more next week. I did refer some guys today to your site for new wheel recommendations.
We have several forks on Rockets and they work as good as on on RV, at least we have not heard otherwise.
Here's to better clearance....and sunny skies!
Doug

Back