What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Saturday at Mt. Bachelor

Spindrift

Well Known Member
An absolutely beautiful central Oregon day, 40" of snow in the last 72 hours, and a free lift ticket... what could be better? So there I am, hiking the short distance from the Summit lift to the actual 9068' peak of the mountain for a last run. All alone and about 10 steps from the top, just before getting to point where I get the 360 degree view, I hear a sound over the wind that is too loud to be the lift in the distance. I turn toward the noise just as a blue and yellow RV in a steep climb comes roaring up the cirque, over the top of the mountain and into a steep bank. I wave and scramble the past few steps to see what the rest of the show will be. When I reach the crest of the mountain, the RV is just a speck in the distance. I strap on my board, drop in to the cirque with the 'powder day' iteration of the RV grin plastered on my face.:D

Whoever that was, thanks for the motivation to keep building!

I happened to see that RV too. Nice couple of days at Mt. Bachelor - hard to decide, skiing or flying, skiing or flying......

N144SH
RV-4 flying since 2001 (when I'm not skiing)

Yep!

I walked out of my shop after spraying primer on my flaps on Satruday and saw an -8 with invasion stripes flying overhead in the downwind for 18 at Sunriver. I got cleaned up and headed to the airport:D When I got there, there were six RV's on the ramp, seemed most were born at Independence:)
SSPX0027.jpg

SSPX0028.jpg

SSPX0031.jpg

SSPX0030.jpg

SSPX0032.jpg

That was enough motivation to finish up my flaps yesterday:D

SSPX0032.jpg

That's the one! Looks good on the ground, but even better coming over the top of the mountain.

Kelly, where's your shop? We've got a place just south of Spring River Rd, on the meadow almost under the downwind-to-base turn for 36, so I'm over there most weekends. Let me know if you ever need a hand.

HA!

We're basically neighbors! I'm on Stellar, directly across from Azusa:) Stop by anytime:) I work from home, so I'm here 98% of the time. Is your plane here or in Portland?

Our place is on Glendale, almost to Celestial. Drop me an email with your details and I'll definitely swing by (kandbinman at comcast dot net). My project is in Portland, but will eventually cut the 4 hour drive time to less than 1!

nice colors, seems familiar... (swedish guy..)

I walked out of my shop after spraying primer on my flaps on Satruday and saw an -8 with invasion stripes flying overhead in the downwind for 18 at Sunriver. I got cleaned up and headed to the airport:D When I got there, there were six RV's on the ramp, seemed most were born at Independence:)
SSPX0027.jpg

SSPX0028.jpg

SSPX0031.jpg

SSPX0030.jpg

SSPX0032.jpg

That was enough motivation to finish up my flaps yesterday:D

Nice colors

the official swedish colors...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden
/John B

Back