What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon autopilot wiring

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I've been searching on here, Matronics and the Dynon forums for a posting on Dynon's servo wire runs for the next generation autopilot, pertaining to an extra wire above and beyond the seven twisted pair. In this post it said that this extra wire was only needed in the pitch or roll servo, not both. I purchased the wire and am about to install, but for the best of me I cannot recall which servo needs the extra wire or find that discussion.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Ron

If they are going to add another wire, it would most likely be for the pitch Servo to sense/signal out of trim condition and perhaps even adjust trim. Trutrak has an extra wire in their pitch Servo harness also for this purpose.

Dynon has said they will not require the extra wires. Check the forum on their web site for the definitive answer.

Ron,

If you are talking about the white/green and white/blue wires included in the servo harness, I've seen posts by Dynon on their forum that says they are for "future capability" that may come with the NEXGEN equipment. Those extra wires are on both servos, and I ran 'em and bundled them, just in case.

If you're referring to an additional wire beyond the 7 in the harness (power, ground, disconnect, DSAB A&B and the W/G & W/B)(and it sounds like you may be), I've not seen anything written on such a wire anywhere either. Concur with Bill to ask them directly. I'd be interested to see what you find out.

Cheers,
Bob

The extra wire for the Pitch Servo information is on the TT installs not the Dynon. It is for the trim sensing function on the TT servo. Dynon uses the DASB lines for all communications with their servo.

Dynon has said many times on their forum that the extra two wires sticking out of their servos is for the redundant DASB lines that the Next Gen will support. The servo's are already setup to run the dual bus.

Got a reply from Dynon and you guy's are correct. There are five wires on the current model and two more for the next generation.
Must have confused the TT autopilot discussions.
Thanks Ron

Back