What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Public Thanks to Aircraft Spruce

grjtucson

Well Known Member
I was introduced to ACS over 3 years ago at a Sport-Air RV Builder's Workshop. I was impressed with them then and have been while building.

I had an order this week that had several 2'x4' sheets of aluminum plus two hazmat items. My in-laws were driving from Orange County back to Louisiana and stopping here in Tucson for a couple of nights.

Perfect timing!

When I entered the order on the website, there was no tax charged, even though it was to be picked up. I called the next day to take care of that and the Will Call desk said my credit card hadn't yet been charged and wouldn't until I picked everything up. At that time tax would be added.

I didn't want my in-laws to have to pay for my stuff but the man was adamant that this was policy and it couldn't be changed.

An email to Jim Irwin resulted in a quick call from a manager and they accommodated the situation, it took less than two hours for the responses. It is an understandable policy (credit card companies charge less and really want businesses to swipe cards) but they made a choice to be flexible. Their response was excellent.

I know they are like any of us and are nowhere near perfect, but good news deserves at least as much attention as bad, so I say THANKS!

George Jenson

Back