What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Vetterman Exhaust

0ptions

Folks, I mounted my Vetterman exhaust onto my Mattituck TMX 0-360 and it interferes with the engine mount per the drawings. Is there a preferred method to position the exhaust to maximize the distance from the fuel line, allow the tube clamps to attach to the sump and clear the lower cowl?

Last stretch- only thing left is to mount the cowl.

-8 or -8A ?

I didn't have any problems with interference with the exhasut on my TMX-360, but that is on my -8. Are you building an -8A?

Paul

Exhaust

I'm building an straight 8 with a carb. Th exhaust drawing shows the pipe attachments to the outer sump bolts. I had to use sump bolts farther out to bypass the engine mount. I also had to position the pipes downward to avaoid close proximity to my fuel line.

Hmmm....

Well, then we should have the same set-up. I actually don't remember the directions telling me which sump bolts to use - I just used what made sense, so we might very well have done the same thing. Haven't had any problems yet with 33.9 hours on the clock!

When I set up my exhaust hangers, I did a lttle research, and found that there has been some evolution there, so I figured that with different people trying differnt things, as long as I didn't tie the exhaust directly to the engine mount (let it float with the engine), It'd be OK.

Paul

Back