What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tri-gear weldments

ge9a

Well Known Member
How hard should it be to get the holes in the landing gear weldments to line up with the spar (top and bottom)? I can get things to line up and should be able to get the bolts through, but probably not w/o 'threading' the bolts into their respective holes. Are the weldments supposed to line up so I can easily push the bolts through by hand? Maybe I have more work to do before installing these parts, but I thought I'd ask first.

Thanks.

Weldments

GE9A,

You will want to run a drill bit of the appropriate site through the holes to remove any excess powder coating in the holes. This is true of all the parts that come powder coated. Once you do that, the holes should line up and the bolts should fit.

NOTE: DO NOT use the close tolerance bolts that come with the kit. These are intentionally tight tolerance bolts and won't fit without some force. Get some store bought bolts for initial fitting and save the bolts that came with the kit until final wing mating.

Back