What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming Service Bulletin No. 548A

Build9A

Well Known Member
I received this service bulletin in the mail.
http://www.lycoming.textron.com/sup...nancePublications/serviceBulletins/SB548A.pdf

I have a new 0-320 D1A and my fuel pump part # is 154724912.

On the list of codes the affected part #s the last four digits are all listed as even numbers like 3700, 3900, 4500, etc. including 4900. Since mine ends in 4912 do I need to replace my fuel pump?

If you have a new or overhauled engine from Lycoming you should read the bulletin. It affects 0-235s thru 0 and I0-360 engines shipped between Feb. 2000 and Sept. 2005. thanks for any help. Jack

Here is what Mahlon sent me when I asked this question about my pump with code 2102:

The date codes work like this:
2600 is the 26th batch in 2000.
5101 would be the 51st batch in 2001.
your code is 2102 which is the 21st batch in 2002.
the bad pumps were in 2000 and 2001.

So your pump should be OK as well.

Kevin
RV-6

code confusion

thanks Kevin. However I'm not sure I understand the codes in my particular case. I think my code would be 4912. Would that mean it was the 491st batch of 2002 ????

Thanks SB's are important

I have a Lyc and have not registered it with them, got to do that.

IF YOU HAVE A USED OR OVERHAULED LYCOMING ENGINE YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED AS THE OWNER DO THAT. IT'S IMPORTANT.

This SB does not affect me but that is one advantage of certified engines, tracking of parts and batches of parts. One or a few go bad you get a letter to check it. George

Last edited:
The date coders in the SB are specific not ranges. If you don?t have an EXACT match it doesn't apply to you.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk."

Back