What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P-Mag sale (worthwhile sale, at that!)

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
If you are like me and have been considering a P-Mag, now is the time. Starting tomorrow they are dropping the price 30% on the P-Mag only. Same price on all the other stuff, but that is a considerable savings. The sale will end before Sun-n-Fun.

Bob Kelly (soon to have both sides electronic)

E/P-mag Monitor

E/P-mag Monitor

This might be a good time to let you know that myself and a partner have been developing a control head / monitor for the E/P-mags. (Yes, Brad and Tom at Emag Air are aware of what we are doing but this is an independent endeavor.)

We hope to have them ready for sale by SnF of this year (2009). You may contact me off list if you want to be notified when they go to production.

Here is a brief list of some of the functionality we have incorporated into the unit:
1) Lost timing warning. (This requires two units from E-mag Air. Two P-mags, Two E-mags, or one E and one P-mag.)
2) Internal temperature monitor.
3) Ability to set timing w/o blowing in the tube or turning the E/P-mags.
4) Ability to switch between the A & B timing curves in flight.
5) Ability to create additional timing curves and change those in flight. (Good for high altitude flights, running auto fuel, racing, etc.)
6) Default Tachometer screen w/ Hobbs meter.
7) Sunlight readable Organic LED screen, readable from any angle.
8) Carb temp w/ optional probe.
9) OAT w/ optional probe.
10) And a lot more.

We have also designed a tach around the same package for those of you who would like to replace a cable driven tach but do not have E/P-mags. The Tach will have both OAT and Carb temp's as well as hobbs, and can optionally trigger the red warning light when operating in the restricted RPM range. This feature was added at the request of an avid formation flier. He wanted to know when he is flying in his restricted zone w/o having to look down. Both units will track time spent in the restricted zone(s).

Final pricing will be announced once we complete testing.

Stand by for more info.

Last edited:
E/P-mag Monitor

This might be a good time to let you know that myself and a partner have been developing a control head / monitor for the E/P-mags. (Yes, Brad and Tom at Emag Air are aware of what we are doing but this is an independent endeavor.)

We hope to have them ready for sale by SnF of this year (2009). You may contact me off list if you want to be notified when they go to production.

Here is a brief list of some of the functionality we have incorporated into the unit:
1) Lost timing warning. (This requires two units from E-mag Air. Two P-mags, Two E-mags, or one E and one P-mag.)
2) Internal temperature monitor.
3) Ability to set timing w/o blowing in the tube or turning the E/P-mags.
4) Ability to switch between the A & B timing curves in flight.
5) Ability to create additional timing curves and change those in flight. (Good for high altitude flights, running auto fuel, racing, etc.)
6) Default Tachometer screen w/ Hobbs meter.
7) Sunlight readable Organic LED screen, readable from any angle.
8) Carb temp w/ optional probe.
9) OAT w/ optional probe.
10) And a lot more.

We have also designed a tach around the same package for those of you who would like to replace a cable driven tach but do not have E/P-mags. The Tach will have both OAT and Carb temp's as well as hobbs, and can optionally trigger the red warning light when operating in the restricted RPM range. This feature was added at the request of an avid formation flier. He wanted to know when he is flying in his restricted zone w/o having to look down. Both units will track time spent in the restricted zone(s).

Final pricing will be announced once we complete testing.

Stand by for more info.

Bill,

Sounds very interesting. Could you post the size? I would be interested if this were in the 2 1/4" or smaller range.

Bob

Bob,

It will be available in two forms.

First is the standard 2 1/4" instrument cutout and the second is the same screen in a flush mount bezel.

I'm working on the web site but that is a few weeks off.

I have been sending pictures of some of the preliminary screens to those who have contacted me off list. (Check your email.) These are nothing I want to post anywhere at this time but they will give you an idea of what the unit will look like.

Last edited:
If you are like me and have been considering a P-Mag, now is the time. Starting tomorrow they are dropping the price 30% on the P-Mag only. Same price on all the other stuff, but that is a considerable savings. The sale will end before Sun-n-Fun.

Bob Kelly (soon to have both sides electronic)

Just curious, but where did you get this info? Their website still lists $1185 for a P-Mag, same as it's been for a long time.

Just curious, but where did you get this info? Their website still lists $1185 for a P-Mag, same as it's been for a long time.

It hasn't been "officially" announced as yet, but it came from E-mag and they were gracious enough to cut me in on the discount. I had told them I would be ordering around this time. I think that shows something of the quality of these men--I could and would have paid full price, only to find out later. I really believe they want happy customers. Brad did give me his blessings on posting this. VAF is a big potential customer base. And I do support and believe in the product, especially if it is installed right and updated as it should be.

Anyway, you CAN get a P-Mag cheaper than an E-Mag, at least for a while. Call and check.

Bob Kelly

Sale is until supplies run out

From Emagair's website:
Our (pre) show special will end on:​

1. April 16, 2009 - the day we start packing to leave for Sun-N-Fun (Lakeland FL, April 21-26). [We'll be in Building D, #96. Please stop by and let us show you "what's new"]. . . . Or​

2. When the supply runs out. When they're gone - they're gone.​
[emphasis in Bold Red is mine]

I have not spoken to them, but to me, this sounds like a clearance sale. Are they replacing the PMAG with a new model, and introducing it at Sun and Fun?

Not wanting to start rumors .... just asking if someone "in the know" has any information on this.

...I have not spoken to them, but to me, this sounds like a clearance sale. Are they replacing the PMAG with a new model, and introducing it at Sun and Fun?

Not wanting to start rumors .... just asking if someone "in the know" has any information on this.
I spoke to Brad yesterday for well over an hour and this is not a "clearance sale". They are worried that attendance will be down at SnF and OSH and thought they would offer their show special pricing well before the show so should you make it, you can fly there w/ your new P-mags.

The company is doing well with exciting new products under development.

From Emagair's website:
Our (pre) show special will end on:​

1. April 16, 2009 - the day we start packing to leave for Sun-N-Fun (Lakeland FL, April 21-26). [We'll be in Building D, #96. Please stop by and let us show you "what's new"]. . . . Or​

2. When the supply runs out. When they're gone - they're gone.​
[emphasis in Bold Red is mine]

I have not spoken to them, but to me, this sounds like a clearance sale. Are they replacing the PMAG with a new model, and introducing it at Sun and Fun?

I caught that too, had the same thought.

Sure sounds like a clearance sale to me.

"Mags" on sale....that's what I told my wife this morning during coffee. Her response was "will they fit your tires?"

:eek: guess that's what happens when you spend too many years and $$$ hotrodding.

Just an observation, nothing more.

Before starting rumors, give them a call.

See my post above for the reason for the sale.

Bill, not trying to start rumors.

But, if you read the ad, this is what comes through.

Lycossaurus thinks so------

Perhaps the ad is written a bit poorly???

Pmag delivered this week

Had another very nice conversation with Brad and my Pmag is in the garage waiting for an engine to put it in. ;)

Half is gone..

Hi.

I ordered a pair of P-mags for my second RV-7 yesterday and Brad told me that half of the batch of P-Mags on sale are gone, so there's still time for those of you on the fence.

I've dual P-mags on my first RV-7 also and I'm very pleased with them.

Back