What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tiedown (parking) incidents info needed

Vlad

Well Known Member
Preparation for a major GA fly-in in Russia is under way. Organizers are doing their best to make the event safe and enjoyable. Several hundred aircrafts are expected to participate including their famous RV aircrafts.

Though EAA recommendations and relevant suggestions are already translated and taken into consideration, the coordinators decided to go a bit further.

They are looking for pictures of aircrafts damaged as a result of negligence while parking. Like Doug posted yesterday on front page. No compromise intended, just for the sake of safety. Coordinators would like to compile them into a safety booklet.

If somebody has hi resolution images and would like to share please email [email protected] and I will forward them to the fly-in organizers. Brief description of the incidents would be great. I will give you link to final product.

Special request to Dana and Black Magic to contribute a pic or two. Skydivers are expected to work there as well.

I think in 10 years or less they will have a great airshow. Worth to get a group of RVs and fly our homebuilts from US to there for vacation. To - via Iceland, from - via Bering Strait and Alaska to complete the circle. Or backwards.

Last edited:
Ouch!!

I'll send you some pics and good luck with your fly-in.

I would recommend you advise no one to park on the ramp:eek:

smash037ks3.jpg

Back