What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hey Mark Frederick

N395V

Well Known Member
What is happening at Team Rocket? The entire internet seems to have gone silent on the subject of F1s F2s EVOs or F anythings.

He's busy getting ready to launch the EVO Continental at the moment. I also know he's working on producing kits once more provided he can sign up 10-15 pre-orders.

New Kits...

Randy,

There had been some discussion in the past about developing a composite EVO wing that would be produced in the U.S. Do you know if that is in the "new kit" mix?

What the heck is going on?

What is happening at Team Rocket? The entire internet seems to have gone silent on the subject of F1s F2s EVOs or F anythings.

Hey Milt:

I guess I could make a joke about F anythings....but it's probably best I keep my mouth shut.

While I certainly would like to make more airplanes, it takes more $$$ than I have or can gather up.

So, if I can get 12-15 folks to put deposits into an escrow account, I have then have funding to work with (borrow against). I would have parts stamped for ~25 emps & fuselages; the rest of the kit (less wings) is current, some parts in stock, and all under my control.

I have a vendor who will design and produce the carbon 1 pc wing, with some help form Kevin Kimball on the ailerons.

This wing will allow me to add retracts as an option. Now yer talkin'!

15 kits would allow me to end up at $0 after 2 years or so, with a kit of my own, and some parts left over to continue for some period of time (and make some profit -- maybe). I don't really care about the $0 -- aviation is not the place to make easy money.

The above is the Readers' Digest version -- if you want more info, email me and we'll see what status is at that time.

The 550 Evo is so close to flying -- couple more ****** to install and we're off into the wild blue. I'll bet ya this one is gonna be jaw-dropping in performance --310HP stock, but you know me -- it's not quite stock. The 550 added 30LBS -- I had no idea that this was possible!

Carry on!
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's been spending all his time answering my multitude of dumb Pratt 985 radial engine questions.....or....concentrating on finding a way to make sure he beats Doug Rozendall with his soon to be flying bird! Either way it seems like a good use of time! :)

Cheers,
Stein

I think he's been spending all his time answering my multitude of dumb Pratt 985 radial engine questions.....or....concentrating on finding a way to make sure he beats Doug Rozendall with his soon to be flying bird! Either way it seems like a good use of time! :)

Cheers,
Stein

If it is faster than "84" then I might have to buy it. :cool:

Leave him alone on the -985 questions so he can work. I can handle those questions.

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal.

:eek:OMG Retracts and a IO550. . . wow. . . going to the mini mart to get a Lottery ticket!

Doug I think "84" is plenty fast considering you were able to fly a little smear in to the paint on the leading edges! :eek: ...thought that was pretty cool a few weeks ago when we were down in Mason City!

- Peter

158 flies!

Hey Fellas:

I have a total of 30 min on the 550 now -- tweaking this and that to get 'er in the groove, as would be expected. The cooling looks good so far (amazing!).
We set the engine up straight (no offset) for more speed, so we need to add some right rudder trim -- I'm working that issue now, when I get too make a flight (weather decided to switch to wind/rain mode).

Made a short hop Sunday in some very rough air to check the tach reading -- looked good so I set up a fairly high power setting (26"/2400) to keep the ring setting process working -- looked at the ASI and saw 195KT! The GPS confirmed this was close. Holy Smokes this is without gear and wheel fairings! I pulled 'er back after a bit (it was ROUGH) and set up a more normal cruise (22SQ) and saw 175KT -- exactly what I would expect from a 540 powered ship, even to the point of matching fuel flow.

But, this is without fairings....

Seems to me that the 550 is substantially more efficient at burning 100LL compared to the Lycosaur.

I'll keep cranking in the right rudder trim, and report what other data I can gather as I get to make more flights.

Carry on!
Mark

I've looked at the Team Rocket web page, There doesn't seem to be much info on deposit procedures, specs for the different wing, etc. should i just call with questions?

Congrats Mark!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the 550.

Hey Fellas:

I have a total of 30 min on the 550 now -- tweaking this and that to get 'er in the groove, as would be expected. The cooling looks good so far (amazing!).

Made a short hop Sunday in some very rough air to check the tach reading -- looked good so I set up a fairly high power setting (26"/2400) to keep the ring setting process working -- looked at the ASI and saw 195KT!

But, this is without fairings....

Carry on!
Mark

I've looked at the Team Rocket web page, There doesn't seem to be much info on deposit procedures, specs for the different wing, etc. should i just call with questions?

Drop Mark an email if you have some interest. I don't think he's far enough down the road yet to know specifics on price, airfraft performance, etc, but he's working towards that. Right now he's been busy working the bugs out of the EVO 550.

Back