What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shooting Air-to-Air

Scott Chastain

For Zion's sake I will not hold my Peace,
And for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest,
Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,
And her salvation as a lamp that burns.

Isaiah 62:1

Last edited:
What camera and lens

Scott what was the hardware your brother was using for these pictures? Was he using an Image Stabilization kind? Did he shoot through Cessna glass or open window?

Last edited:
Scott,

A beautiful airplane with a beautiful setting! What altitude where you guys at during the shoot? That's pretty high terrain right around there over Yosemite.

Oh Yeah

Scott,

Your airplane is a standout and visually stunning. I'm sure a lot of planning went into the paint scheme and I have to ask. Is there any special significance associated with the number 414898 and letters QPW?

Scott,

Your airplane is a standout and visually stunning. I'm sure a lot of planning went into the paint scheme and I have to ask. Is there any special significance associated with the number 414898 and letters QPW?

yeah, gotta story?

Inspiration

Scott,

Just wanted to get you a note to let you know what an inspiration you airplane has been to me.

I'd gone to OSH last summer intent on buying an empenage kit and getting started but was really on the fence between a 7 or an 8.

Spotted your plane there and it really got my juices going!

So the empenage kit is done, QB wings and fuselage and finish kit are in the garage. Motor, FWF kit and seats will be ordered next week!!!

I'll be painting the mustang paint scheme, but different colors than yours.

Lord willin, I'll be parking with you and the other 8's for Airventure 2010.

Great work man!

Jesse Bentley
Muskego, WI

RV-8

Last edited:
Those are great pics, Scott. When you guys go up again, you might suggest having your brother slowing the shutter speed just a hair. This will let you capture the full prop "disk" that looks soooo cool (see Danny's avatar above.) Look forward to seeing more awesome photos. Great paint job BTW.

Back