What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

taildragger endorsement - savannah area?

TD

I'm talking RV here, so if your guy wants a checkout in a Citabria or something else, disregard.:D

If Pierre can't do it, I know an excellent checkout pilot with an RV-6 an Mallard's Landing, South of Atlanta.

He checked me out before I flew my -8 and I highly recommend him. I flew the right seat so that I would have the throttle in my left hand and my right hand on the stick like it is in the -8.

He will fly to Savannah for expenses so that the pilot there can familiarize himself with his own airport.

If it's for an RV, PM me or call my cell #770-519-4999 if you want his phone #.

I repeat: If Pierre can't do it!:)

Thanks guys......but

....I don't have access to a dual-control TD RV. The gent over at Mallards has a good reputation.

Thanks,

Isn't there a difference in just giving a TD checkout/transition training in an experimental with the special letter from the FAA vs actually giving a primary tailwheel endorsement?

I was under the impression that the number of people that actually had the correct paperwork in hand to give tailwheel endorsements in an experimental were very small...

At least this was the info that Jan Bussell gave me...

Last edited:
I think you are correct Brian. I don't think he can give a TW endorsement in an experimental aircraft. He can only give transition training. When it comes time to get the transition training I would highly recommend the guy in Mallards Landing. I used him and need to go back for training in other aircraft.

As for the TW... I can recommend someone around Ashville, NC. I took 2 days vacation, rented a 172 and went up for training in his Champ. I would not trade that TW time for anything. His website is.... http://www.blueridgesportflight.com/

Back