What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EIS 4000 FF Calibration Number

David-aviator

Well Known Member
Anyone with the EIS 4000, what fuel flow calibration number are you using? I know it can vary from instrument to instrument but clearly the default number of 200 is not it. I'll try anyone's number before launching into the 2 or 3 tank burn procedure to find it.

Thanks.

I think mine's 188.. but I can't remember now.. it's been a while.. I'd still recommend you go through the calibration procedure.. It'd be just another excuse to burn more gas :) Using someone else's number may get you closer.. or may make things worse :) Is yours reading high?

I did GRT's calibration procedure, and changed the number to 188 after four flights of data. After five more flights, it looks like the real answer for my aircraft maybe somewhere between 186 and 187, but it'll take several more flights of data to fine tune the answer. The cumulative error over the last five flights is less than 1%, which is pretty good.

Mine worked out to 170, which is well below the range that they recommend, but it's what I found to work. It's consistently off by less than 1 gallon at fillup. I may be able to tweak it further, but 1 gallon is good enough for me.

Thanks,guys.

I had an impeller before going to a pulse injection time signal with the H6, 187 or 188 sticks in my mind from 4 years ago.

Sprucemoose, you may have an earlier version. The range of this unit is 185-210 according to the set up manual.

(correction - it says the normal range is 190 - 210, there are no limitations on a lower number if required)

Last edited:
I can't remember mine - it was written on a tag on the unit when it was new, I used that figure, and have been within a gallon on almost every fill-up, so forgot about it.....the moral being the factory cal was really good in my case!

Paul

Back