What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hurricane Wilma

jimrhg

I'm happy to report that we suffered only minor damage from Hurricane Wilma that was a direct hit on West Palm Beach and Wellington Aero Club where we live and keep our newly completed and flying RV-10 N331JH.

There was a lot of patio screen room damage and minor roof damage, but no major structural damage to any of the hangers at the Aero Club. Our -10 was in a hanger and unscathed. We experienced hurricane force winds wel above 100 mph yesterday morning and the eye moved directly over us around 10am. The back side of the storm was even worse and caused the most damage in our area. As far as I know, all of South Florida is without power, but my Dad is running on stand-by generator and coping with lots of tree damage and clean-up.

We are looking forward to getting the -10 back out of the hanger and completing our Phase I testing beyond the required 40 hours.

glad to hear everything is looking good, and that the damage wasn't more extensive. i used to live in the palm beach area (stuart & port st. lucie) when i was younger, and hurricanes suck!

i have relatives in ft. pierce and vero (north side of the eye) and haven't heard from them yet. we're hoping everything is fine.

Back