What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Key switch & Lightspeed

Scott Will

Well Known Member
Hello everyone...

I'm planning on putting at least one Lightspeed on my -7A. Can I use any key switch (like the one they sell at Spruce) with the version of Lightspeed II or III (plus?)? Getting ready to cut my switch panel and dont want to make the hole if it won't work!

Thanks much.
Scott

Key sw.

Scott Will said:
Hello everyone...

I'm planning on putting at least one Lightspeed on my -7A. Can I use any key switch (like the one they sell at Spruce) with the version of Lightspeed II or III (plus?)? Getting ready to cut my switch panel and dont want to make the hole if it won't work!

Thanks much.
Scott

Yes on the plasma 3, I have not checked the wiring of the 2 lately to know if it would as well. D/L from their website and find out. It is called out in there.

Kahuna

LSE keyed switch

I have the LSE Plasma II and needed to rig a relay in the circuit to make the keyed switch work with the LSE. Drew out the circuit and went to NAPA and bought a relay and with minimal modification works fine. If you havent bought the LSE yet I would suggest getting the III as I belive it will work with a keyed switch right out of the box.

Wayne
-7a C-GOYA
in the paint shop

Plasma II +

I have the Plasma II + and it does indeed support a keyed switch without modification. It does show this on their website. I guess there was an earlier Plasma II (without the +) that did not have this option based on Wayne's reply. If you're buying new it shouldn't be an issue.

Ken

Back