What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerospace Logic EGT

Mike Ice

Well Known Member
Hello,

I have an Aerospace logic EGT gauge that will only display a high temp of 700 degrees.

I have tried the setup mode to adjust the levels but the range ionly shows between 200 and 700 degrees.

Has anyone else had any experience with Aerospace logic EGT gauges and knows of the problem?

Thanks,

Mike

WOW! Good answers

I never thought about it but I bet your right. The instrument is set up as as CHT gage with EGT on the face. Either that or the software is screwed up.

I don't think it reads in C degrees but if it did flying around trying to figure out the coversion would drive me crazy.

Thanks for the great answers. I will give aerospce logic a call.

Do you have aerspace logic gages? Which ones? Have you had good service with them?

Mike

I have the aerospace logic Volt/Amp gauge. No problems with it and it seems like a high quality build. The only downside is I feel their products are over priced.

high prices

I agree with you.

Thanks for the link to the CHT manual. I bet that is the problem.

Mike

EGT gage really is a CHT

Well you were right. I took the instrument out of the airplane and right on the side it states plainly that it is a CHT-100-4 but on the face it says it is a EGT.

What a mix up, no wonder the EGT readings were always low.

Kind of makes me worry about the Quality Control at Aerospace Logic.

Mike ice

OLd Post I know

But it's hard to get anything from this company. ordered CHT through a large reputable company and they gave up after 2 months. I have been waiting for them to warranty an EGT probe now for over a month. I've heard all the excuses......tiring.

Back