What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question about RV Products/Vendors

Products and Vendors I chose while building my RV...

• I am extremely satisfied and would use again

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Product works as advertised, might look elsewhere next time

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Great Product, poor customer service/ vice versa

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Not a chance I'd ever spend another dime with this company

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
This question has been bouncing around my mind for months and I'm curious as heck about it. Please everybody, we should be able to dabble in this subject and still comply with the strict rules of Dougs baby here. With that said please be respectful and be careful to stay within the rules.

A poll will be attached to this thread with the intent to query whether or not there are bad vendors, or bad products that are being peddled to us RV'ers. Again, please don't list any company or product specifically if you have had a bad experience, but rather a general reply expressing if feedback from those who came before you would have caused you to spend your RV dollars differently.

Again, please play nice.

Last edited:
I think most builders, like myself, have most likely experienced the full spectrum from good to bad, depending on the product and/or vendor you happen to be discussing. Overall, I think my sum total experience is very good - but there are certainly a few exceptions.

Outstanding Service

Most vendors that I have dealt with have been good but a few have been oustanding for sales and service, especially for after sales service:
Advanced Flight Systems
SteinAir
Aerosport Power

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and I would and will do business with them again.

I have been very satisfied with the dealings I have had while building my plane.

I do research things quite a bit before committing to buy, however.

All in all, I have found that the vast majority of folks who cater to us homebuilders to be honest, and helpful

Across the board...

I have experienced most but would lean toward very positive experiences outwaying the negative.
I do think that negative opinions on products tend to have a louder voice than the positive ones and some manufacturers and products get an unfair bad rap. Much of the time it is operater error or someone taking a product beyond it's intended capability or one persons bad experience getting rumored around the RV block.

Awards

The "above and beyond the call of duty" medal goes to Classic Aero Designs.
The "steady as she goes" award goes to Aircraft Spruce. Never a mistake and somehow I seem to receive my order faster every time.
The "how can they do that?" award goes to AERO Engines for somehow selling PMA parts at 75% of Lyc.

Steve

More info

There probably could be a couple more categories in the poll to cover everything.

I firmly believe knowing about the companies with less than stellar performance is just as important as those that have been good to deal with. I fully realize that with a bad experience there are two sides to a story, however when more than one person relates an issue with a company, it should be related.

There have been a couple of issues with companies that were quickly deleted. One in particular, had many victims yet anything posted was quickly removed. This is EXACTLY the type of information that we need to know. I don't think the moderators should be so quick on the trigger.

Back