What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Penetrations

planenutz

Well Known Member
Assistance required from anyone out there who has already worked this out.... please!

I have an O-360-A1A to which I have added the Airflow Performance Fuel Injection System. The Mixture control needs to end up on the left side of the engine centreline but room to drill holes in the most ideal place is limited by the battery box.

Can anyone out there with a similar setup on a RV-6 (6A) please provide me with the firewall co-ordinates for the mixture cable penetration (or maybe photos?). This is the standard updraft fuel servo....

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

I have the same engine/AFP setup as you. I routed the mixture and throttle cables just to the right of the battery box, one above the other.

I had to order an extra long mixture contol cable.

I don't have a FWF photo, but I can take a picture from an under the panel perspective, if your interested.

Ben Beaird
-6A 40 hrs

Hi Ben,

A photo would be really appreciated if it's not too much trouble. I'm wondering how you managed to get the mixture cable over to the other side once it's FWF - must have been tight? That's really got me curious as I thought I would have to come from the left side of the firewall. (?)

I've just now worked out that regardless, I'm going to have to order a different Mixture Cable than the one I have here.... damn!

Regards,

Mike

planenutz said:
Hi Ben,

A photo would be really appreciated if it's not too much trouble. I'm wondering how you managed to get the mixture cable over to the other side once it's FWF - must have been tight? That's really got me curious as I thought I would have to come from the left side of the firewall. (?)

I've just now worked out that regardless, I'm going to have to order a different Mixture Cable than the one I have here.... damn!

Regards,

Mike

Mike,

I took a couple of pictures, but I can't attach them to one of these messages. If you have an e-mail address I can send them with a trditional e-mail.

Sorry,
Ben

Gidday,

Hey thanks for that. If you could email them directly to mkevans at ihug.co.nz that would be really appreciated. Obviously you will need to ammend that address with the appropriate "@".

Cheers,

Mike :)

Back